UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Lineker

9 minutes ago, Colly said:

That's miles better, they actually look like they understand what the phone will do, not like the Zoolander 'the files are in the computer' expression in the Liverpool one.

23-funniest-animal-selfies-22.jpg

• Like 8

• Admin

Liverpool have landed yet more charges from Uefa as their Europa League campaign continues to generate off-field disciplinary issues.

Proceedings have been opened following the Reds’ dramatic quarter-final second-leg victory over Borussia Dortmund at Anfield last week relating to the setting off of fireworks after a flare was thrown on to the pitch.

Liverpool and Dortmund have already both been charged by Uefa for offences in the first leg in Germany; the former for fans letting off fireworks and the latter for stairways being blocked.

Liverpool also face charges of illicit chanting, setting off fireworks, throwing objects and more general crowd disturbances by their fans from the second leg of their previous round against Manchester United at Old Trafford. United were charged with crowd disturbances and throwing objects, in addition to blocked stairways.

All the cases will be dealt with by Uefa’s control, ethics and disciplinary body on 19 May, the day after the Europa League final in Basel. Should Liverpool get past Villarreal in the semi-finals their ticket allocation will be only 9,000 at St Jakob-Park, which has a capacity of 35,000,

Liverpool have 27,000 season-ticket holders and sold out their allocation of 32,000 for February’s Capital One Cup final against Manchester City.

38,000 seater for a European final is stupid. 

9000 allocation for each set of fans is even stupider.  20,000 seats are going to sponsors, corporate etc. It's a farce. Same with the FA.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, he has just come back from injury!

Hopefully he has learned from Big Divvy how to be a big powerful striker in this team.

Curious as to how we will line up.  

Toure or Lucas at centre back?

Two man or three man midfield?

Does he start Sturridge and Firmino?

Normally you've been able to have an idea as to what the team lineup will be but I don't really know. There's a few variables as I can't see Lucas playing in centre midfield unless it's a three man midfield.  

In terms of entertaining this match hasn't been all that special but tactically it's been interesting. 

We seem to be managing to spread the play well and stretch them but we've got fuck all to aim for when we cross a ball in. They look dangerous on the break as well. Wouldn't be surprised if this ended 1-0 to either team. 

Also Kolo Toure has been immense tonight. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sturridge in the second half. Benteke, if motivated, might give this Villareal something they're not used to but I don't know if I'd trust him on his own up front. 

I think Joe Allen has done quite well so far.

Called it <_<

Urgh. I feel like a draw was a fair result and that totally could have been avoided...but I've seen us come back from worse situations in Europe. 

Just now, Lineker said:

Ha.

Wouldn't be laughing just yet...give it a week. Have you not learnt anything about Liverpool being behind in Europe just from this season, let alone any other season. We don't do things the easy way. 

I think it will be interesting to see how Villareal handle being 1-0 up on aggregate and going away from home to somewhere like Anfield.