Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

UEFA Europa League 2015/16

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

You mean the referee who has got every single decision in this match 100% right?

What on earth are Liverpool livid about with that goal? He is onside, and is set up for the goal by a Liverpool player. Embarrassing reaction from the players and manager.

They have totally lost their heads. What did he say at half time, "We've won this lads have a Heineken"?

100% right every single decision you having a laugh? Key decisions maybe but there was several "fouls" in the first half in which we won the ball and they gave them a free kick.  That's not 100% right. 

1 minute ago, Davidmarrio said:

100% right every single decision you having a laugh? Key decisions maybe but there was several "fouls" in the first half in which we won the ball and they gave them a free kick.  That's not 100% right. 

I think the Liverpool defence which is more holy than a nun in a convent has had more of an impact in the game than poor refereeing

• Like 2

Just now, Unemployed Liam said:

I stopped watching at 1-1.

Sorry Pool fans.

I don't think Hartlepool fans will be too bothered, you're ok.

• Like 7

Hilarious how Hargreaves was deepthroating Toure and Lovren first half (more so Toure really) and now it's an area they desperately need to strengthen in the summer. 

I feel sorry for Klopp cos he's so damn likeable but Liverpool could and should have been 3 or 4 nil up before half time so it's hard to blame anyone but their own bad luck that they couldn't finish the job before Sevilla turned up in the second half.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

Hilarious how Hargreaves was deepthroating Toure and Lovren first half (more so Toure really) and now it's an area they desperately need to strengthen in the summer. 

Well you know what they say: you're only as good as your last 30 minutes...

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Well they obviously can't last the full length, Hargreaves demands more stamina.

:pervert: 

9 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Those decisions haven't affected the game though really have they? I can't even recall one that I noticed where it wasn't a foul anyway. It's too easy to blame officials, Liverpool simply have not been anywhere near good enough since half time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Well you know what they say: you're only as good as your last 30 minutes...

Of if you last 30 minutes :pervert: 

Such a poor second half from Liverpool. Switched off and allowed them back in it.

Not having to play in the Europa League next season is a decent consolation after not qualifying for the Champions League.

Joe Allen is not a game winning substitution. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Those decisions haven't affected the game though really have they? I can't even recall one that I noticed where it wasn't a foul anyway. It's too easy to blame officials, Liverpool simply have not been anywhere near good enough since half time.

I've said we've been poor this second half and I've not said once we'd be winning this if the ref wasn't shit. That's changing what I've said. 

I called the ref shit.  We've been woeful we deserve to lose this. 

To go from a comfortable first half to this is annoying.  We switched off for a minute they got back into it and built on it. We didn't build on our lead. 

We've got to two finals yes but this is the story of our season. We are consistently inconsistent. The squad has potential but work needs doing. But I believe we've got the perfect man for the job. 

I feel bad for Liverpool fans, it's rough losing a final, I hope they come back stronger next year and are really strong in Europe! :) 

• Like 1

Are Liverpool not in Europe at all next season now? Suppose that would be one thing for the fans to cling to - the possibility of challenging for the title without the "distraction" of Europe.

To get to a Europa League final from the position that Liverpool were in when Klopp took over is amazing.

Terrible second half performance but, y'know something? I think Liverpool have more positives to take out of this season than quite a lot of English teams.

• Like 1

They've already said that they won't be. Meh. I'm sure come August/September time Liverpool fans will be happy they aren't in the Europa anyway, especially if they make a good start in the league.

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Unless we've got four Europa places, then they aren't in Europe at all.

So despite getting to the final of two competitions they aren't in Europe?

And Klopp only moved them up 2 places from where Rogers left them after 30 league games in charge?

Ouch.

7 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

I've said we've been poor this second half and I've not said once we'd be winning this if the ref wasn't shit. That's changing what I've said.

Fair enough mate, but I haven't changed anything you said. I never claimed you'd said anything, merely responded to you criticising the referee when I don't think he has been.

Onto next season.

That Gameiro looks a fantastic player, was very impressed by Mariano too and obviously Coke.

I'll refrain from gloating or anything because we've still got a final coming up, and karma is most definitely a cruel and scary thing.

First half was a very good performance that just lacked goals.

Michael Owen has already said that the last time Liverpool came to within a whisker of winning the title, they didn't have European football. Didn't take long.

• Like 1