2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Forky said:

I hope you go to hell. :P 

So Pens play Rangers, and I hope that we make Lundqvist throw his net again.

We gave you Kessel for cheap, the least you could do is make your draft pick as high as possible.

1 hour ago, Forky said:

I hope you go to hell. :P 

So Pens play Rangers, and I hope that we make Lundqvist throw his net again.

Hoping for good news on Murray tomorrow and Fleury too, cause if Zatkoff starts, it's a round 1 loss. Sully should have really rested Murray yesterday and let Zatkoff have started.

11 hours ago, Hewey said:

Hoping for good news on Murray tomorrow and Fleury too, cause if Zatkoff starts, it's a round 1 loss. Sully should have really rested Murray yesterday and let Zatkoff have started.

You start Zatkoff - it's probably a 4-1 series win for the Pens.  Haven't you heard about the Rangers making backups look like franchise starting goalie? 

43 minutes ago, TGWL said:

You start Zatkoff - it's probably a 4-1 series win for the Pens.  Haven't you heard about the Rangers making backups look like franchise starting goalie? 

Pens have done that a few times as well. Saw some news that Malkin is on the ice practicing, and looking good, so I'm somewhat optimistic and seeing him at some point in round one.

Seems like Malkin is close to returning, if he's not back on Saturday, I think by Tuesday he should be ready. Fleury also seems close to. :D

Just thinking of Malkin in a line with Sid being matched up against Girardi/Staal gives me joy.

When I went to buy my car, one of the salesmen was making fun of Malkin. He told me that Russians only play 82 games a year. That's why once the playoffs start they slump. It's sad how true that can be at times. Luckily for us Malkin has been hurt for a few games this year which means we might get some productivity out of him in the playoffs.

As long as he's healed, he should be productive. Last year he slumped cause he came back too soon and was nowhere near 100%. I just wanna see where they slot him in.

Couturier is out for Philly, they're definitely in trouble now, I had this series going to six, but I think the Caps win it in five now. Philly has to at least get one in Philly right? Just hope all the games are as psychical as game one, let the Caps be worn down against the Pens. :shifty:

I think the way it's shaping up the Caps will come in banged up against a full-strength Pens squad and lose. Hard to see Pittsburgh not winning the East.

Also, because I never posted about it, even though it was the first game of the season since the Canadiens were eliminated from playoff contention the game I went to against Detroit was a blast. 7 goals scored and they all were in the goal we were sitting behind. A comeback win as well as Detroit was up 3-2 going into the 3rd period. Couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable game.

2 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Really? I find it hard to believe anyone other than the Caps (or maybe, MAYBE Florida) winning the east.

Pittsburgh's been playing really well, not that Washington hasn't, and isn't at full speed. Everyone around here is used to the Caps choking despite being the better team on paper too, so I'm just expecting more of the same.

Pittsburgh was 3-2 against Capitals during the regular season and won two games against the Capitals in late March and early April when they were missing their second best forward and their starting goalie. I'm not saying the Pittsburgh are for sure going to beat Washington, but I would bet on Pittsburgh winning that series. 

I feel the same way, Caps look great on paper, but I think Pittsburgh can take them, especially with Fleury and Malkin returning. I'm hoping for a tough series against Philly for them, and at some point Holty has to break, right? I mean, guy played like what, 70 games? 

And oh yeah, Caps are chokers :shifty: