2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lacklustre draft this year. Leafs get a consolation prize for sucking this year :shifty: 

As for my team, I really felt like they didn't show up to play in the first period even though they were the better team. It felt like they just had a lack of drive. They really picked it up in the second though which was good. I'd say they simply survived the third period and managed to get a lucky goal to tie the series up with the Caps. Now that we're heading back to Pittsburgh, I'm hoping they put together a better game than what we saw over the last two.

I honestly thought Pittsburgh was much better than the Caps other than the third period. If it wasn't for Holtby, this could have been a blowout for Pittsburgh based on the first two periods. The powerplay was trash, though. 

I thought game 1 could have gone either way, just too bad Pittsburgh came out flat for OT. Gonna be interesting to see who comes out ready to play in game 3. 

And the officials are a joke, Letang gets a penalty for playing defense and Orpik only gets 2 mins for a late hit to Maatta that injured him, not to mention the no call on Wilson for kneeing Sheary in game 1.

Pittsburgh dominated the Caps the first period, played okay the second and got the job done in the third period. I still think the Penguins are going to win, but they need to be playing better. 

Thank god for Matt Murray tonight. Pens played great for two periods but that third one was a scary scary period. Now with Maata out, and quite possible Kris Letang, I'm worried about our defense. 

Murray carried them tonight, worst game in the playoffs for the Pens thus far, but I'm expecting a solid game in game 4. 

Sucks that Letang will miss a game, but hopefully it's no more than one. No one got hurt, and if Wilson only got a fine for kneeing Sheary, than Letang shouldn't get more than one. Not to mention, Caps were dirty as hell, Letang took a knee to the head and Hagelin took a nasty crosscheck after his goal. 

5 hours ago, Untrained Fork said:

All he got was one game. It's still going to be a rough game without him but I think we'll be fine. I'm hoping for it to be over in 5 but I'm assuming at least 6.

I agree, hoping for the best tomorrow, but I don't see this ending before 6. Would love to see Pittsburgh win tomorrow without Letang just to see the Caps fans freak out. Sid is due for a huge game and so is the powerplay.

I think if they play like they did for most of the first two games they'll be fine, even if they lose tomorrow it should be a close one, I don't see them getting blown out like people are predicting.

It wasn't a pretty game last night but we got it done. Ovechkin is doing everything he can to get inside the Pens heads except for the one thing that can actually help his team and that's scoring.