2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

38 minutes ago, Plubby said:

This is CLASSIC Penguins-fanning. Dating back to their ooooold glory days of 2006.

I might be venting a little, but I just hate how everyone complains about Pittsburgh being the leagues darlings etc when they get a ton of dirty stuff done to them and nothing comes out of it. 

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playoffs have always been a much tighter game with with the refs a little looser on the whistle, but somebody is going to get hurt if they don't try to put a stop to this.  There's been way too many suspensions, major penalties avoided in this playoffs. 

1 hour ago, TGWL said:

Playoffs have always been a much tighter game with with the refs a little looser on the whistle, but somebody is going to get hurt if they don't try to put a stop to this.  There's been way too many suspensions, major penalties avoided in this playoffs. 

I don't mind it being looser and the refs not calling some things, but the hit to Letang was something the player safety people should have at least done something about. Doesn't matter if Letang didn't get hurt, that was ridiculous, and they didn't even give Callahan a hearing. Unfortunately, unless someone gets seriously hurt, doesn't look like they'll do anything.

Tough loss for the Pens, but I was expecting a big push from Tampa. Just wished they had tied it, that was a great third period from them, but too little, too late. 

Losing Daley is huge, though. I know they keep injuries vague, but I do not see him returning in this series, or if Pittsburgh wins, for the first few games of the finals. 

Glad to see Fleury back in, but the workload wasn't much for him. I'm seriously wondering if Sully has him start game 5 or goes back to Murray. 

Much like the commentators said, you can't play a 20 minute game and expect to win at that level. They definitely made a run for it but time was not on their side and it got them. Those other two periods were just a sloppy mess as the Pen's couldn't seem to keep control of the puck. The shitty ice conditions really didn't help but they should have done a much better job of containing things. 

On the other side, I didn't really see much to like from the Lightning either so in my mind the Pens beat themselves more than anything. As much as I like Murray's cinderella play off story, and I'm always on the fence about Fleury, I say that you at least go with Fleury for Game 5. Give Murray a bit of a break and see what Fleury can do.

I think they should go with Fleury too. I jump back and forth on it, just cause one period isn't enough to judge after he's been out so long, but he seemed sharp yesterday, and he has been solid the last two playoffs. Murray deserves all the credit in the world for getting them here, and it's not his fault they lost, but I think maybe putting Fleury in will spark these guys.

Pittsburgh definitely has to win tomorrow regardless of who's in, but man, if they lose, and it's like, 3-4 goals against, that coaching staff is going to take a big hit for the goalie they chose to play.