2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly Jum Benning was the brains of the Bruins.

Looks like Mike Richards did a bad thing.

Considering the same team invited Slava Voynov back to practice even after he choked and kicked his wife and threw her face first into a TV and then avoided prison time because she declined to testify (but totally wasn't threatened at all), and they still brought the guy back to practice, not a game, not even a game, but practice...

And now they tore up Mike Richards contract, who has no history of throwing women through TVs.

So, over/under how much coke did he try to smuggle across the border? I am going to say all the coke and I will take the over.

• Like 1

Boston trades Jones to SJ for a 1st and a prospect.

BUT THAT'S NOTHING COMPARED TO CHICAGO TRADING SAAD TO COLUMBUS!!!

Chicago gets Anisimov, Marko Dano, Jeremy Morin, Corey Tropp and a fourth-round pick.

A shitty return for a really good player. Saad and Hamilton...which big name young star gets traded?

I'm pissed and upset about the Saad trade.

EDIT: Looking at the return, it could be worse. If the rumour of Saad wanting 5.5+ is true, I see where we just couldn't afford to keep him with the other big salaries we still have. Just sucks to see one of my favorite young guys shipped out when I'd much rather see both Bickell and Sharp be gone.

Free Agency this season is going to be more about teams filling holes they've created by making trades at the draft or in early July. I think that's actually going to make it more interesting, as some of the early signings today may be indicators of deals that are in the pipeline.

Marko Dano is a good prospect. Anisimov is a good player, but about 2 concussions passed reaching his potential. They could have gotten more.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the Leafs don't sign Matt Belesky. Someone is going to give him $5 million a year.

The rumors have been that he wants a max-term contract and over 4 million per.

Whoever signs him is either stupid or in dire need of reaching the cap floor.

What a day. Save some for tomorrow!

In a few years you'll see if this benefited the leafs or not. Right now, I'd hope for a bigger return if I was retaining 1.5 on Kessel.

Kessel to Pens. It;s done. Fuck me,.

No reports on the deal other than Toronto paying for 15% of the salary and rumors of Spaling, Kapanen and maybe Pouliott being involved in the trade.

Nevermind Toronto gets Harrington, Kapanen and a draft pick.

Edited by Hewey

Kessels value has never been lower. Hard to say if letting him play a half season under Babcock and shopping him at deadline or next summer would have gotten a better return. Don't think it would have gotten much worse though. He's still one of the best natural goal scorers in the league, and that should have had a lot more value.