2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kessel, Tyler Biggs, Tim Erixon and 2nd in 2016 for Kapanen, Harrington, Spaling, 1st and 3rd picks in 2016. TOR retains $1.25M/year.

This is the full trade. Ugly.

Just....kill me. Fuck.

The off season was going so great, too.

Kessel, Tyler Biggs, Tim Erixon and 2nd in 2016 for Kapanen, Harrington, Spaling, 1st and 3rd picks in 2016. TOR retains $1.25M/year.

This is the full trade. Ugly.

Just....kill me. Fuck.

The off season was going so great, too.

Atleast the Leafs got Spaling instead of Scuderi, which was the contract Pittsburgh wanted to give up.

With the Karri Ramo signing earlier today, it stands to reason that Jonas Hiller is going to be moved in a trade. Joni Ortio requires waivers to be sent to the AHL this season, and he wouldn't pass through.

Dougie Hamilton and Michael Frolik make this team much better than it was at the end of our season. I can see Treliving making a pitch to add another defenseman and further scare the crap out of most forwards in the league... but with the Frolik addition at multiple years, I highly doubt Jiri Hudler gets moved.

What to expect: a goalie gets traded out of town... another defenseman gets added making our top six: New Guy, Mark Giordano, TJ Brodie, Kris Russell, Dougie Hamilton and Dennis Wideman/Ladislav Smid... toughness gets added to the bottom six, possibly a second line winger depending on availability and price.

Who's Available: David Jones, Brandon Bollig... Wideman or Smid, Deryk Engelland... Jonas Hiller

I'm not sure what's worse, the day that Pens got Iginla or today when they got Kessel. I swear they're sitting around and saying "How can we piss Forky off today?"

Now my team is back to having two lazy players instead of just one, and a top goal scorer who seems to be already getting plagued with injuries. :(

I'm not sure what's worse, the day that Pens got Iginla or today when they got Kessel. I swear they're sitting around and saying "How can we piss Forky off today?"

Now my team is back to having two lazy players instead of just one, and a top goal scorer who seems to be already getting plagued with injuries. :(

Wait....are you trying to say Kessel is lazy?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Now if it was a motivation issue and he comes out of that in Pittsburgh then I'll take back my initial disgust of this trade but as of right now, I just don't like it.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Now if it was a motivation issue and he comes out of that in Pittsburgh then I'll take back my initial disgust of this trade but as of right now, I just don't like it.

The Penguins got a much better player without giving up much of anything!

Yeah, I think Kessel is lazy as shit, and the Penguins killed it here. He's a 30 goal player who could be a 50 goal player if he bothered to get in shape and skate in the summer. But he's still a 30 goal player.

I just ... don't really know what Pittsburgh is doing with the Kessel deal? I mean, good on them, they got a steal... but it seems like a weird move for the team.

Leafs are absolutely stacked on Right Wing for the future, should they pan out. Brown, Kapanen, and Nylander has RW experience should they find him too small for #1 C role.

Edited by TGWL

They think putting him with Sid and Malkin will light a fire under his ass. They needed to do something, since they've kind of shit the bed the last few years in the playoffs.

Oh I mean, I get that Kessel can perform better and I think Pittsburgh will be a better environment for him. I don't really know if having Kessel puts Pittsburgh in a better position. I would have thought they would strengthen their defense.

They think putting him with Sid and Malkin will light a fire under his ass. They needed to do something, since they've kind of shit the bed the last few years in the playoffs.

Oh I mean, I get that Kessel can perform better and I think Pittsburgh will be a better environment for him. I don't really know if having Kessel puts Pittsburgh in a better position. I would have thought they would strengthen their defense.
Pittsburgh definitely does need another defensemen. Looking over the roster there's Letang, Maataa, Pouliott, Lovejoy, Scuderi (ugh) and Cole as the guys that will probably be starting the season. It's nice the young guys will get a chance to play more, and Cole's been solid, but missing Paul Martin is gonna hurt. Really wish they'd find a way to move Scuderi and sign someone better. Edited by Hewey

Leafs are absolutely stacked on Right Wing for the future, should they pan out. Brown, Kapanen, and Nylander has RW experience should they find him too small for #1 C role.

I love Brown as much as anyone, and I hope he turns out amazing...but let's be honest, the odds of him making it to the NHL are slim.