2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

They think putting him with Sid and Malkin will light a fire under his ass. They needed to do something, since they've kind of shit the bed the last few years in the playoffs.

Oh I mean, I get that Kessel can perform better and I think Pittsburgh will be a better environment for him. I don't really know if having Kessel puts Pittsburgh in a better position. I would have thought they would strengthen their defense.
Pittsburgh definitely does need another defensemen. Looking over the roster there's Letang, Maataa, Pouliott, Lovejoy, Scuderi (ugh) and Cole as the guys that will probably be starting the season. It's nice the young guys will get a chance to play more, and Cole's been solid, but missing Paul Martin is gonna hurt. Really wish they'd find a way to move Scuderi and sign someone better.

I'll be glad to have Maata back but they never should have resigned Lovejoy. Is there anybody down in the AHL that could come up and do well? I don't follow the juniors all that close.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They think putting him with Sid and Malkin will light a fire under his ass. They needed to do something, since they've kind of shit the bed the last few years in the playoffs.

Oh I mean, I get that Kessel can perform better and I think Pittsburgh will be a better environment for him. I don't really know if having Kessel puts Pittsburgh in a better position. I would have thought they would strengthen their defense.
Pittsburgh definitely does need another defensemen. Looking over the roster there's Letang, Maataa, Pouliott, Lovejoy, Scuderi (ugh) and Cole as the guys that will probably be starting the season. It's nice the young guys will get a chance to play more, and Cole's been solid, but missing Paul Martin is gonna hurt. Really wish they'd find a way to move Scuderi and sign someone better.

I'll be glad to have Maata back but they never should have resigned Lovejoy. Is there anybody down in the AHL that could come up and do well? I don't follow the juniors all that close.

Doumellin is a good choice, I kinda wish they would have kept Chorney, he was pretty solid for them this year too. Yeah, Despres for Lovejoy was a bad trade, especially if Lovejoy/Scuderi end up as the third pairing. Edited by Hewey

Unless the rules have changed, if a player is under 21 - the length is 3 years. 22-23 would be a 2 year ELC, and players age 24 can only sign a 1 year ELC.

Leafs are absolutely stacked on Right Wing for the future, should they pan out.  Brown, Kapanen, and Nylander has RW experience should they find him too small for #1 C role. 

I love Brown as much as anyone, and I hope he turns out amazing...but let's be honest, the odds of him making it to the NHL are slim.

Even with no more Kessel?

Patrick Sharp and Stephen Johns to Dallas for Trevor Daley and Ryan Garbutt. Not really sure I understand the reasoning behind the trade, but I think Bowman has slightly earned people to hold off on throwing him to the wolves.

I feel much better about the Kessel trade now.

what has changed your mind @foodstuffs

• 2 weeks later...

Lou Lamoriello is the new GM in Toronto

:huh: 

When I first heard this I was panicking, "Oh shit! He's going to ruin the rebuild! He's going to sign a bunch of aging vets to stupid contracts!"

But then I took a deep breath. There is no way Shanahan signs LL (not /profile/61-the-doof-wallior/" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="http://www.ewbattleground.com/profile/61-the-doof-wallior/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="61">@The Doof WaLLior) if he doesn't buy into the Shanaplan.

Lou Lamoriello is the new GM in Toronto

:huh: 

When I first heard this I was panicking, "Oh shit! He's going to ruin the rebuild! He's going to sign a bunch of aging vets to stupid contracts!"

But then I took a deep breath. There is no way Shanahan signs LL (not /profile/61-the-doof-wallior/">@The Doof WaLLior) if he doesn't buy into the Shanaplan.

Damnit Ruki!  There's no reason for me to come into this thread. 

• Like 1

Pens signed Cullen.   His age is showing, but he still puts up decent points per game for a 38, soon to be 39 year old.   I see him being scratched some games, but not a bad signing.