2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pittsburgh is just bad this year, they're definitely missing something, and it's astonishing that a team with that much fire power can't score more. Heard that Johnston is in the hot seat, but dunno who can coach this team right now. Thank God for Fleury and Malkin, or we'd be worse off.

7 hours ago, Forky The Snowman said:

That's the worst news that we could have heard for the Pen's when it comes to Dupuis. I knew it was pretty bad but didn't realize it was going to end up ending his career. :( 

I thought he'd have to sit out every once in awhile, but never thought his career was going to end either. Sad to see considering everything he went through and how hard he worked to come back, but I'm glad he's putting his health first.

Mike Johnston is gone as the Pens head coach. While Bylsma had his issues in the playoffs, he could get at least get them into the playoffs comfortably and Crosby and Malkin have been underachieving under Johnston. Hope this works, they definitely played better defense under Johnston, but he was not the right fit.

Holy shit it's depressing to see Pittsburgh play, it's gone beyond coaching. This is just rock bottom for this team, 5 points out of a playoff spot and they can only muster one goal on the fucking Hurricanes. No idea on what happens if this team doesn't win on Monday and then finishes the month further down in the standings, but something has to be done, cause this team is just horrible right now.

Rangers may be higher in the standings, but their play has been really poor for most of the season. It's starting to catch up with them.  Lundqvist started off with a bang, but this month the Rangers have been so bad his stats have taken a big hit.  

Crosby is on my Fantasy team and he's a can't drop player, and most people in the league will only trade for him with a low offer. Hoping he turns it around. 

51 minutes ago, TGWL said:

Rangers may be higher in the standings, but their play has been really poor for most of the season. It's starting to catch up with them.  Lundqvist started off with a bang, but this month the Rangers have been so bad his stats have taken a big hit.  

Crosby is on my Fantasy team and he's a can't drop player, and most people in the league will only trade for him with a low offer. Hoping he turns it around. 

Yeah, I noticed the Rangers have been slumping badly too, and to an extent, the Islanders haven't been great either. Definitely going to be close in the Metro division, especially if the Caps start to struggle too. 

Just hoping Pittsburgh turns it around gets going once Fleury and Letang come back. Hell, the Blue Jackets are about to catch up to them.

2 hours ago, Hewey said:

Yeah, I noticed the Rangers have been slumping badly too, and to an extent, the Islanders haven't been great either. Definitely going to be close in the Metro division, especially if the Caps start to struggle too. 

Just hoping Pittsburgh turns it around gets going once Fleury and Letang come back. Hell, the Blue Jackets are about to catch up to them.

Yup.  Rangers and Montreal were running away with the division, then the caps went on a good streak while Rangers and Montreal have had some trouble lately.  Islanders have been up and down, and now the bottom teams are starting to close the cap in the division.  This could be a real close division at the end of the season. 

41 minutes ago, TGWL said:

Yup.  Rangers and Montreal were running away with the division, then the caps went on a good streak while Rangers and Montreal have had some trouble lately.  Islanders have been up and down, and now the bottom teams are starting to close the cap in the division.  This could be a real close division at the end of the season. 

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping Pittsburgh goes on a good streak soon and start getting some points. Only 5 points out of a playoff spot right now and 8 and 9 points behind the Islanders and Rangers. Not too stressed right now, but it is kinda alarming to see Pittsburgh doing this bad right now considering this time of the year they're usually at the top of their division and the conference.

Yeah, Ruki they definitely have to make the playoffs, can't imagine the uproar and what happens if they don't. Hopefully they make it in and go in healthy.

30 minutes ago, Forky The Snowman said:

Now Sid is injured. It just continues to get worse for my poor Pens. :( I blame Kessel :shifty: 

Seems like a minor thing, he'll miss tomorrow's game, but won't be out for long. Hopefully Malkin goes into beast mode like he usually does when he has to carry the team without Sid.