TEW13 Real World Update: July 2015

Wow, this mod is TERRIBLE. Like, aside from the bad stats given to nearly everyone, it's like the bare minimum was done in terms of actually fleshing out these people. Unless something went wrong when I downloaded the mod, almost no one has any notable personalities or relationships. I mean, this is...this is just shameful. 

Apparently Charlotte (Ashley Flair) and Bram (Thomas Latimer) have divorced

Turn Alicia Fox heel and make a stable between her and The Bella Twins: Team Bella

Call up Becky Lynch and Charlotte to the main roster and make a stable with them and Paige: Team Paige

Wow, this mod is TERRIBLE. Like, aside from the bad stats given to nearly everyone, it's like the bare minimum was done in terms of actually fleshing out these people. Unless something went wrong when I downloaded the mod, almost no one has any notable personalities or relationships. I mean, this is...this is just shameful. 

I think that's a bit harsh, but I understand what you're trying to say. The real world modern mods are the most frustrating for me to play because I'll start a game and inevitably run into a worker that doesn't have stats anywhere near what they should. I think this is mainly a problem of it being tough for one person to know every worker in the game. So how is this fixed?

I think the best way to fix this would be to have people volunteer to work on a certain promotion or area of the world, i.e. someone very familiar with NJPW fixes the stats for the workers there, tweak the popularity, etc. This way, we could approach something for realistic. We also would need to agree on some benchmarks, because I doubt anyone would agree that John Cena has higher basic skills than most wrestlers on the planet. It's the argument that has been stated before: Just because most wrestlers aren't in the WWE doesn't mean they aren't at an even level, or sometimes higher, than the ones there.

This would require everyone to be open-minded, and for TheWho87 (OP of this mod) to agree to this plan. Otherwise, it would need to be started from scratch. Either way, I don't think it's right to call this terrible. It's a good start to where we all want to be in the game.

• Like 1

Apparently Charlotte (Ashley Flair) and Bram (Thomas Latimer) have divorced

Turn Alicia Fox heel and make a stable between her and The Bella Twins: Team Bella

Call up Becky Lynch and Charlotte to the main roster and make a stable with them and Paige: Team Paige

I have heard nothing about Charlotte and Bram being divorced

Edited by SlamMasterJ
  • Like 1

Personally I like different opinions and then filter them a bit myself, I will admit that I dont watch every bit of wrestling out there and there are people who watch some areas/styles that other do not and if its all down to one person thats where you can get biases. I always look in the direction to underestimate stats leaving them open for improvement from those who watch more of their work.

Edited by lanky316

On a related note, I have Darren Mason as NGW owner but while watching WrestleTalkTV last night they had Rich Dunn who they have up ad owner, now since they work with NGW I would assume they are more current but is Darren Mason in anyway connected or is it just Rich Dunn.

If you don't like the mod, use a different one. Yes, the workers stats could use some work. But that doesn't mean it's bad. The only thing I dislike about this pack is the slow loading time. Maybe it's the number of workers, IDK. I like all the extra wrestlers because it has a lot of guys who are local to my area. But I do think they're are too many wrestlers. However, it's his mod, not mine.

If you want to make things a bit faster you can deactivate areas then in the start up, anyone only active in that area will be removed from your save, I occasionally do it for quick tests of areas takes a while to set up but pretty fast in game.

It really sucks that this is the only real world mod available, it's overall a low quality mod. The stats are the worst part, not being able to have matches with a rating above 80 in the top promotions is silly. There's also an over abundance of no-name wrestlers that makes the load times dreadful. I for one, would be fine if TheWho took a month or two to make the mod better. Also WHY THE FUCK IS THERE TWO JERVIS COTTONBELLY'S?

It really sucks that this is the only real world mod available, it's overall a low quality mod. The stats are the worst part, not being able to have matches with a rating above 80 in the top promotions is silly. There's also an over abundance of no-name wrestlers that makes the load times dreadful. I for one, would be fine if TheWho took a month or two to make the mod better. Also WHY THE FUCK IS THERE TWO JERVIS COTTONBELLY'S?

Because there are two Jervis Cottonbellies in real life?

shit like this is totally unnecessary. You're not helping at all with comments like this. Don't like the mod? There are two others over at GDS. Or just try and make your own and you will learn very quickly that's it's not so easy. Next person that makes a post like this in this thread is going to get a warning if they don't have actual constructive criticism and suggestions for changes.

Based on recent spoilers regarding TNA:

Add Grado as a face 

Add Austin Aries as a face and Thea Trinidad as his manager (they are dating in real life so add the relationship if it isn't already in)

Add James Storm as a face

Add Jay Bradley as a heel under a new name: Aiden O'Shea

Add Crimson (Tommy Mercer) as a face

Add Brian Myers, Trevor Lee, Sonjay Dutt, PJ Black (Paul Lloyd Jr), Lei'D Tapa, Chris Mordetzky all probably as heels under the GFW invasion angle

PJ Black is the new KOTM champion

Two options.

1) Make your own

2) Play one of the other two mods available at GDS