NBA 2K16

Monkey D. Lars

Whereabouts are you having trouble? I'm going to guess on ball perimeter defence, in which case don't get too close (generally they'll be a step outside the 3-point line, I like to be half a step in, basically if they take a dribble they'll be in your face). If you stand too close they are going to blow by you and if they try and shoot you're close enough to make it unlikely it goes in. The idea of defence isn't to steal the ball, it's more to stop them doing what they want, so I don't try and force anything (if you get too close they will blow by you, if you swipe for a steal you'll either foul or they'll blow by you). 

You can also overplay one side if you want to force them in a direction. Keep the same distance and slide to the left (so your right arm is in the middle of their body) and they'll dribble left since that lane is open, they still can't get around you but you're moving them away from as many opportunities (instead of being able to pass to basically any player they can only pass to a guy at the corner 3, or feed the post unless they do a risky skip pass).

But yeah the biggest advice is that defence is passive. You can't really make things happen. If you overplay or force things you will be punished. It's more about making the opposition work for it and putting them in a position where they either need to pass or take a bad shot.  

Yeah it just reverts back to the old my career mode, just an updated one where you need to complete certain things on your off days and what not... Plus you get little cut scenes here and there with players before and after games asking how your family and stuff are going... It's still worth it if you like the my career mode like I do, there's just not an overarching story that comes with it though...

MyCareer is great already. I love being the whitest 30 year old looking high schooler living in Harlem

Bi-racial Twins!! 

Edited by David Marrio

The shaky screen is because your player is experiencing ''stress'' doing free throws. It's supposed to simulate pressure, but it's ''eh'' and doesn't really affect your timing.

And when you're starting out in the NBA in MyCareer, unless you got a shitload of VC, you'll be really really shit. So you're better off taking a few steps away from the guy you're defending, and either invite him to shoot (so you can contest), or just don't actively try to have him attempt to drive past you (if you're right in his grille, he's going to try to break you down.)

Yeah you'll be back to the original stats your character has as far as I believe...

anyone have anything interesting come out of the second year of MyCareer yet? So far I've only had what seems to be the start of a "feud/rivalry" with James Harden in a couple of cut scenes before games against Houston...

I haven't even had that...  Just a cut scene with Anthony Davis prior to our game with the Pelicans (I'm on the Knicks) but it was a respectful scene...  I honestly wish they'd have done more with those instead of creating the 'movie' that only lasted one season...