NBA 2K16

Monkey D. Lars

It isn't, well I don't really know because I'm not big on the MyPlayer mode, it always feels like a cash grab for you to spend more money on the game since you can't do anything well and it's either spend real money on points or grind away for hours to earn enough points to play like a mediocre guy in the game.

MyGM is all kinds of fucked up, they haven't bothered fixing the training bug where someone moans about training being too hard/easy, you say you'll change it, the AI doesn't recognise that you've changed it and the player says you lied. The added bonus is it can now cost your job. It's also fucking annoying because you changing it then makes another player complain about it now being too hard/easy and before you know it it has dominoed and the entire team hates you (and you hate the game).

The story mode sounds cool - until you realize how limiting it is. I like it better than the whole "oh you have a rival, HURR DURR" thing that they did last year as far as the story itself goes regardless of how it's acted out an how long the cutscenes can be.. but it robs you of the chance to play a college ball career and almost your entire first season since you only play "important" games in those.

The story mode sounds cool - until you realize how limiting it is. I like it better than the whole "oh you have a rival, HURR DURR" thing that they did last year as far as the story itself goes regardless of how it's acted out an how long the cutscenes can be.. but it robs you of the chance to play a college ball career and almost your entire first season since you only play "important" games in those.

See what they should have done I'd merged the normal MyCareer with the story. By that I mean you do your college season and have the cut scenes happen. This will give more chance to affect when you get drafted etc. 

You do your first season as normal. Play all the games and have the cut scenes happen as they would have done. That way you ha E the story whilst doing the full season. 

I'd rather see them have just two types of career mode, one without the fancy story that ends up being half-assed almost every year, and one with the story that transitions into the former once it wraps up... That way you can have a shot at winning ROTY for a change, and just focus on playing games rather than be stuck with narratives.

I mean I've seen a bunch of vids now on YouTube of the story mode, and the fact you get a big piece of story where they all say that YOU should be the guy that makes the decision, and then the cutscene ends and the decision has been made for you regardless... That's just fucking bullshit. Yeah I get that it's ''part of the story'', but don't have a huge story moment building up to you having final say, and then take it out of the players hand. I won't say what it is, but whoever played it knows.

Fight Night Champion did it best for me personally, and still holds the crown for a sporting title with a story mode. You had the 'Champion Mode' where you play through the story of Andre Bishop with all the cheesy story goodness, you can unlock fighters too and all that... But next to that there's just a straight up career mode, where you can take the fighters you unlocked, the fighters in the game itself, or make your own fighter to play through an actual career without being strung along on a set path. Sure, it's a bit dry and boring, but it's better than what NBA2K does right now, because that's downright infuriating.

And I loved the pitches, they were excellently done and they really felt like you're being sold on going to a University. Especially UCONN's pitch is just great. And the College matches themselves are fun too, it's a whole different ''feel'' throughout. I really want 2K to continue with the Colleges, or perhaps bite the bullet and just invest into making a College Hoops series again because I fucking loved College Hoops 2k8 on my PlayStation.

Make it like the NCAA Football games where you can start a career in the College game, and then import it into the main game, that'd be awesome to be able to build yourself up to the NBA in a fully fledged way rather than mess around with a half-assed story function that's completely on rails.

• Like 1

You could honestly continue the same story through two different GAMES if you did the College Hoops game again... Start off in High School the same way you did in 16, that was good, the college thing was good, but, I also liked the NCAA Football recruiting thing, but with the added pitches, the better you play the more prestigious schools make you offers

I am enjoying the Spike Lee-less stuff a lot more and there's still a good deal of stuff to do. There's this odd disconnect where you play in High School and College games and you just absolutely murder the compeition and then you make it to the NBA and everyone talks about you like you're a star player when you'll be lucky to get near 60 Overall rating with what little they give you if you are only playing MyCareer mode and that's the silly part of it. You're making millions, everyone is talking about you and you play your games and just.. meh. You're an average at best player locked in by stats. Unless you are very skilled and can overcome that, the only storyline is a late blossoming career.

I understand the want to have this story that you are the focus of, and you're the best thing ever, etc - but if you're not actually going to allow me to BE the best ever what's the sense?

There isn't one... I honestly don't see how you could be a top 10 pick and be that bad... Starting with an overall of less 60 is like undrafted territory, making last year's game more realistic than this year's...

DMtop112112.jpg

There isn't one... I honestly don't see how you could be a top 10 pick and be that bad... Starting with an overall of less 60 is like undrafted territory, making last year's game more realistic than this year's...

DMtop112112.jpg

brown.jpg

michael-olowokandi-was-taken-first-overa

I like this game

One way to earn decent VC without spending money is get MyNBA2K16 on your Android/iPhone. Gives you daily VC bonuses and the like.

But yeah, Career mode is decent, but not spectacular. Gets really good after the movie ends, but you still need a decent amount of time to get your player up to good stats.

Man, the Spike Lee story in this game is hilariously bad. What a horrible story to have to sit through :lol:

The most hilariously bad thing about it... If you take a white guy as your player, the family will still be black and they'll still act as if he and his sis are twins. So that either means their mom was into some weird stuff, your character has vitiligo, or he's the most clueless adopted kid ever.

• Like 4

Man, the Spike Lee story in this game is hilariously bad. What a horrible story to have to sit through :lol:

The most hilariously bad thing about it... If you take a white guy as your player, the family will still be black and they'll still act as if he and his sis are twins. So that either means their mom was into some weird stuff, your character has vitiligo, or he's the most clueless adopted kid ever.

Its a Spike Lee story. It was never going to account for that fact that there might be people choosing white characters. Or he did account for it and didn't give a shit.

I got half way through the story and gave up. It's awful. It's a poorly constructed narrative and completely rushed.

I honestly enjoy myGM better than I do myCareer, neither are great, but myGM I enjoy the sit-down and player communication aspect of the mode, whereas myCareer has no communication with other players, at all.

Is MyGM still broken though? I recall last year that if you got leveled up enough your scrub team would turn into a literal unstoppable team. Like you could sign all the shitty players and they'd improve to superstar levels purely thanks to your epic coaching ability.