NBA 2K16

Monkey D. Lars

I honestly enjoy myGM better than I do myCareer, neither are great, but myGM I enjoy the sit-down and player communication aspect of the mode, whereas myCareer has no communication with other players, at all.

Is MyGM still broken though? I recall last year that if you got leveled up enough your scrub team would turn into a literal unstoppable team. Like you could sign all the shitty players and they'd improve to superstar levels purely thanks to your epic coaching ability.

You can disable your bonuses this year. Pretty sure you could last year too.

My favourite last year was taking over 76ers and winning the NBA Championship with them in the 2nd Year.

Have been playing this some more, holding off MyLeague/GM before an opening day roster comes out later this month. I'll prolly play with the Jazz again like last year, I just like the team, Hayward is my favourite non-star player in the league right now and he's pretty damn great in the game too. Favors is a beast from midrange to the bucket, Burks can gun it from anywhere too.

Burke/Exum I am ''eh'' about, neither is particularly great in their own right, Burke is limited to mid-range shooting and going inside which limits his use because i'm not really into inside PG's. Exum is just very average all-round and lacks any sort of skill to put him over the hump. Both are talented though, so I'll see what I'll do with them. They'll get plenty of assists anyway because that's how I use my PG's.

Trey Lyles is like Favors light in all the good ways, he's tough and grindy inside and can grab rebounds and even pop a few from mid range if he's open. Booker is a flaky stretch four too, so he can hurt teams.

Ingles and Hood are two nice shooting swingmen who can pinch in with points off the bench...

Oh, and Rudy Gobert is an absolute animal. In every exhibition game i've played, he's been at least 3+ in blocks in all of them whilst going 10+ in rebounds with ease. He's no shooter from anywhere, but he gets plenty of inside buckets from offensive rebounds and pnr's... That dude is just utterly vicious inside this year, he just feels so cheesy to use in normal scenarios because any team with inside guards will get blocked left right and center.

Yup, Jazz are going to be my team this year once more, better than ever should be able to get that 8th seed off the backs of the scoring of Hayward/Burks/Favors, and everything else from the Stifle Tower.

Started a MyGM mode with the Wizards, trying to get KD next season so traded away Gortat for Gobert to make cap-space, also traded away some of the older lads for one season of J.R. Smith, hopefully I can put in some fire in the east!

How is that a fair trade for the Jazz?

Finally picked this up and got to trade Taj Gibson and Pau Gasol for Kevin Love and then Trevor Booker and a 2nd round pick for Willie Cauley-Stein. I forgot how much fun it can be to use the trade finder. 

• Like 1

Man, the Spike Lee story in this game is hilariously bad. What a horrible story to have to sit through :lol:

The most hilariously bad thing about it... If you take a white guy as your player, the family will still be black and they'll still act as if he and his sis are twins. So that either means their mom was into some weird stuff, your character has vitiligo, or he's the most clueless adopted kid ever.

Its a Spike Lee story. It was never going to account for that fact that there might be people choosing white characters. Or he did account for it and didn't give a shit.

I got half way through the story and gave up. It's awful. It's a poorly constructed narrative and completely rushed.

Damn.  MyCareer is my favorite mode.  I guess I'll skip this year.

• 1 month later...

My mate & I having been giving co-op a go but have yet to figure out how to pass the ball directly to one another. It seems like the computer won't allow it for whatever reason. Kinda messes with the flow of the game & we end up missing out on easy baskets. Is there a way to switch this without having to bring up pass icons every time? 

Also, can you change the color of your player's indicator circle? Player 1 & Player 2 look identical.

8 hours ago, Lj. said:

My mate & I having been giving co-op a go but have yet to figure out how to pass the ball directly to one another. It seems like the computer won't allow it for whatever reason. Kinda messes with the flow of the game & we end up missing out on easy baskets. Is there a way to switch this without having to bring up pass icons every time? 

Also, can you change the color of your player's indicator circle? Player 1 & Player 2 look identical.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that couch co-op is kinda broken, i'm not sure whether this is true for everyone since I play alone (because i'm lonely :().

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/3thu8w/coop_unplayable_after_new_patch_ps4/

Apparently they're fixing it in the next patch... When that patch comes, no idea.
I'm on PC myself, so i'm even more boned when it comes to patches.

• Like 1

I've played this series in the past & faired pretty well. This year tho, I can't get my team to play defense, or think for themselves. I'm playing with The Thunder.

Any suggestions on how to utilize their defense, offense & just how to play smoother overall?

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Lars Elric said:

So they added a Diamond Moments Jimmy Butler Card, Amethyst Jabbar and Big O! Gold Stockton! 

My most fun card so far is Defensive Player of the Year Kawhi! STill fucking love MyTeam! 

I bought a DPOTY pack the other day and immediately drew DPOTY Marc Gasol... He's pure filth, especially putting him at PF with Gobert at center swatting everything ever.