EWBFL 16 PS4 League

DYSI

1 hour ago, Asuka's Gonna Kill You said:

I really need to work on my running game against actual players. It's great against the computer but I can't rack the same type of numbers up against you guys, something I need to improve on as Bell is so good when I can get the running game going. A-P for you was great, you probably could have used him even more and racked up more yards, just couldn't stop most of your offense. 

Also think I've done all my re-signings too. Need to make sure I'm around for the draft this year. 

First thing I would recommend is switching up direction every now and then :P the first game, before we got disconnected, it was so predictable after the first drive, I could just stack and blitz because I knew where you were going. Also learn to run up the middle, the sounds obvious, but the sooner you hit the line of scrimmage, the sooner you gain ground. I've always been decent at stopping the run on Madden, if my front seven are crossing the line before your back because he's pointed at the sideline, you're gonna have a hard time. 

Also, Bell is such a threat, you should use play action more. You absolute killed me a few times when I was set up for the run, if you use it in more obvious running situations, you'll have loads of room. 

And the results are in!

EWBFL Rookie of the Year

QB Jean Graham - 60
QB Patrick Griffin - 45
SS Vlad Lee - 31
LE Savon Ash - 23

EWBFL Defensive Player of the Year

CB Dre Kirkpatrick - 28
DE Michael Johnson - 24
LB Manti Te'o - 23
SS Vlad Lee - 20
MLB Lawrence Timmons - 20
ROLB Jadeveon Clowney - 10
MLB Navarro Bowman - 10
MLB Brian Cushing - 8
LOLB Aaron Lynch - 8
SS Reggie Nelson - 5
MLB Luke Keuchly - 5

EWBFL Offensive Player of the Year

QB Jean Graham - 58
RB Le'veon Bell - 49
RB Carlos Hyde - 26
TE Tyler Eifert - 18
QB Patrick Griffin - 5
HB Cameron Artis-Payne - 5

EWBFL Most Valuable Player

QB Jean Graham - 58
RB Le'veon Bell - 49
RB Carlos Hyde - 21
CB Dre Kirkpatrick - 13
MLB Lawrence Timmons - 5
QB Patrick Griffin - 5
HB Cameron Artis-Payne - 5
TE Tyler Eifert - 5

Clean sweep!

Congratulations... to me... times four. Didn't see the DPOTY and either MVP/OPTY going to me, I was sure Bell was going to take both or atleast one of them after his monster year.

(I had it all spoilered and laid out nice but something happened and I lost it all and I don't feel like going through all that again, especially since I'm only spoilering the suspense for the winners and I won them all. >_>)

Edited by Lenny DYSItra

33 minutes ago, Cactus Drags said:

Funds are for signing bonuses, so you're probably gonna struggle in free agency. 

Trading with cpu is fine, I think you used to have to post in this thread before going ahead with it, not sure. 

Well, I'm going to get fired if it is negative, so I'm not that bothered about free agency >_>

1 hour ago, billyzzz80 said:

If anyone's interested, Colin Kaepernick is on the trading block. He's a giant dual threat weapon and a douche. What are the rule's as far as trading with the computer?

Trading with the CPU is fine as long as the deal is pretty fair. You can post it in here if you think otherwise but just use your best judgement. Good luck though, I doubt there are many takers. :P

2 hours ago, Big Hairy Man Face said:

I'm in pretty significant negative money and don't have much time to rectify that before I get fired. Can I turn it around? I don't really get the way Funds work in this.

From what I saw it says you have $44 mil in cap, not sure what numbers you're talking about.

7 hours ago, Thrilla said:

So, @Lenny DYSItra, who do I get?

Not sure since there are a few teams with the same record, I believe Giants/Bills and two others have 5 wins a piece that put them in that 10th overall range. If you're not interested in either of them I'll check when I get a second to see the other teams that had 5 wins and see if you want any of them.

1 hour ago, Lenny DYSItra said:

Trading with the CPU is fine as long as the deal is pretty fair. You can post it in here if you think otherwise but just use your best judgement. Good luck though, I doubt there are many takers. :P

From what I saw it says you have $44 mil in cap, not sure what numbers you're talking about.

Not sure since there are a few teams with the same record, I believe Giants/Bills and two others have 5 wins a piece that put them in that 10th overall range. If you're not interested in either of them I'll check when I get a second to see the other teams that had 5 wins and see if you want any of them.

There is Cap and there are Funds. I'm 12million down on Funds, primarily due to a bonus I paid Brees, though why it allowed me to do it when I didn't have the money to is a bit odd.

Is it me or are a lot of this years FAs from last years FA pool? Weird that pretty much all of them signed 1 year deals. And wth is Terence Newman still doing? He's a 37 year old CB - just let it go man!

I'm also looking to move LOLB AJ Hawk (83 OVR) and/or MLB Rey Mayluga (86 OVR), as well as CB Adam Jones (82 OVR). Looking for some mid round picks in return.

9 minutes ago, Big Hairy Man Face said:

Am I due to get fired?

Says you're still around so I'm guessing no. Unless they're real dicks and do it right before the season starts. >_>

I mean if anything you can just quit the league after that and re-join. :P

Just some notable User retirements:

Steelers - HB DeAngelo Williams

Texans - SS Reggie Nelson, HB Matt Forte (ouch!), SS Mike Adams, LE Jeremiah Ratliff

Saints - WR Marques Colston, TE Antonio Gates (:o)

Chargers - LB Trent Cole, DT Haloti Ngata, HB Danny Woodhead

Edited by Lenny DYSItra