Most 'homaged' scene/thing?

Liam

As my wife was flicking through the channels on Sky this morning, she happened upon an episode of Glee. For the minute or two she left it on, it had two of the teens recreating the scene from 'Ghost' with Unchained Melody and the pottery wheel.

This scene has been recreated, or paid homage to (or even ripped the piss out of), in many different things (or at least it feels like this - I'll be honest insofar as my ability to remember specifics is a bit limited).

So, I thought I'd ask EWB - what would you suggest is the scene or thing in movie/TV that has been 'paid homage to' the most? Or at least, gets a lot of nods across various media?

Edited by Liam

Are we including parody, or just homage? If so then the "I am your father" scene from Star Wars has to be up there.

That was the scene I was thinking of as possibly the most.

And it can be parody or homage - doesn't really matter.

Just wanted to get a bit of discussion about those scenes that are re-created time and time again for entertainment purposes.

Psycho shower scene is the one I was coming in here to post.

The Godfather's horse-head-in-the-bed is another one.

Psycho Shower Scene, "Are You Talkin' To Me?", "You Can't Handle The Truth", Matrix bullet time scene have all got to be there too then.

I'm sure you are right, but I can't think of any obvious examples of the bolded ones.

When in doubt, The Simpsons will have done all of them. :shifty: 

• Like 4

Scarfaces 'Say hello to my little friend' scene?

Oh! 

you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to do murder for money.