The Blake Carrington Fantasy Football League [DYNASTY]

jrhodes

After a little discussion in the NFL thread I have decided to start up a dynasty league for EWB.

I've never run (or even been in) a dynasty league before so it's all new to me. Any suggestions for the league settings will be taken on board.

Right now I've set it as a 12 team league with 24 player squads (12 starters, 12 on the bench) and you can keep up to 14 players each season. The current settings are:

Starting Roster Positions & Roster Limits

Quarterback:1
Running Back:2
Wide Receiver:2
Tight End:1
Kicker:1
Running Back / Wide Receiver / Tight End:1
Defensive Line:1
Linebacker:1
Defensive Back:1
Flex IDP:1
Bench:12

Offense

Passing Yards:1 point per 25 yards
Passing Touchdowns:4 points
Interceptions Thrown:-2 points
Rushing Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Rushing Touchdowns:6 points
Receptions:0.5 points
Receiving Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Receiving Touchdowns:6 points
100-199 Receiving Yards Bonus:2 points
200+ Receiving Yards Bonus:4 points
Fumble Recovered for TD:6 points
Fumbles Lost:-2 points
2-Point Conversions:2 points

Kicking

PAT Made:1 point
PAT Missed:-1 point
FG Made 0-19:3 points
FG Made 20-29:3 points
FG Made 30-39:3 points
FG Made 40-49:3 points
FG Made 50+:5 points

Individual Defensive Players

Tackle:1.5 points
Assisted Tackles:0.5 points
Sack:4 points
Defense Interception:4 points
Forced Fumble:4 points
Fumbles Recovery:4 points
Touchdown (Interception return):6 points
Touchdown (Fumble return):6 points
Touchdown (Blocked kick):6 points
Blocked Kick (punt, FG, PAT):2 points
Safety:8 points
Pass Defended:1.5 points
Tackles for Loss Bonus:2 points
Def 2-point Return:4 points

Here's the league on NFL.com http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=3497050

Password is: ZoneOfDanger.

4 points
Edited by Jake O. Rhodes
Scoring edit.

YOU WERE WARNED

My suggestion would have been wait until next year because all the interested parties were already in leagues, some in two.

Edited by Maxx

Yes, it does.  The only fair way to use standard scoring is to do an auction draft.  But I'll never reveal my scoring settings, muahahahaha

Please also refrain from using the EWBFF trademark, you are not under our umbrella (treeeeeeeee)

Edited by Maxx

I've tweaked the scoring system somewhat. It's now PPR (half a point per reception), players receiver a 2 point bonus for receiving between 100-199 yards, 4 points for 200+, kickers lose a point if they miss an XP, and I've bumped up the points IDPs get for the majority of things. I've updated the original post to reflect the changes.

Oh, and I remember to allow trading future draft picks for players (after the first draft)

Should I drop the amount of players kept?

Here's the league on NFL.com http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=3497050

Password is: ZoneOfDanger.

There's a difference between keeper league and dynasty league. The main difference is that three keepers is fine for a keeper league. But a dynasty league needs to have more.

I guess I didn't know there was a difference.

Carry on.

There's a difference between keeper league and dynasty league. The main difference is that three keepers is fine for a keeper league. But a dynasty league needs to have more.

Ok but why? What actually is the difference between the two?

It's a distinction made for tournament purposes. Keeper leagues are usually somewhere between 3-5 guys that you can hold on to. Dynasty league is when you're suppose to keep 50-75% of your team for the following season, like a "real" team would (49ers not included :shifty: ) 

• Like 1