Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

Fuck sake, 12 was horrid. I was doing awesome, got in and out without even needing to tranq anyone, and then that thing shows up and I cannot get around him.

If I remember which one this is, I agree that section really fucked up what was a good run by me. I think I'm about 30 hours played and am only up to Mission 15 or so. I have done around 13 side-ops but with the way I play (cautiously checking areas before getting caught, giving up and going on a rampage), I'm probably going to rack up 80 hours+ with this and I'm not even going to bother S-ranking every mission.

So I'm going for a side op to extract the prisoner at the afghan base camp at the very top of the map. It's frigging huge. There's about twenty enemies at least easy. I start very slowly and quietly tagging as many as I can and I'm still on the early tranq pistol so I don't really want to leave them sleeping and I want to avoid killing as much as possible.

I make inroads and do actually a really good job in terms of being sneaky, and am actually getting away with Fulton extracting every soldier I find. After extracting every single Goddamn soldier bar two, carefully requesting supply drops to keep on top of shit, I have one guy on a roof miles away and one guy in front of me. I figure I can take this one guy and then I'll need more supplies. I shoot his body since he has a helmet on and i think I missed so I try again. What happens, after quietly, carefully, sneakily extracting almost 20 enemies silently and efficiently? My suppressor breaks. Guy on the roof spots me and starts sniping and they call in a massive reinforement squad.

Kill me.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, I just went to look at the controls and realised there's so many more options than I knew. I basically only knew Slide Tackle/Standing Tackle, Short Pass/Lob Pass/Through Pass and Chip Shot/Finesse Shot/Standard Shot. There's an absurd amount of useful other moves the game never bothers to teach you, even in skill games. Really getting tired of games not bothering to properly do tutorials for new players.

Oops, wrong thread :lol:

Edited by Benji
  • Like 3

:lol: Clearly you haven't got to the point where you can have Quiet shoot a grenade :shifty:

He's not very far in the game, he keeps redoing the Quiet shower scene.

Again.

And again.

There is a Quiet shower scene? I've only just got her locked up.

There is also a Quiet frollicing in the rain scene

So question for those who finished...

Hidden Content

There is a chapter 2, but most of those are "replay earlier missions on a harder difficulty".  Their actually not too much harder.  Some are "Mission over if your seen.  No reflex/chicken hat".  2 of them are on-site procurement of weapons, so you go in completely unarmed with no support.  There are a few main and sideop missions tht advance the story though