Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

You can change your loadout when dead, silly boys. :P

Didn't give me the option? And I died... a lot.

I must be rubbish then because I chose Infiltrator and I did not do too well.

Like I say, you get it at level six, and it's something you have to add to your loadout to turn invisible. That's what makes it OP.

The party system for online is a bit dumb in that it's the actual ps party. If someone made the party and they aren't on metal Gear they are the party leader for the game.  

Had a few games last night. I enjoyed it but again it was temperamental in getting my and my friend in a game together.  

Went to do Extreme Traitors Caravan last night and thought how much of a pain it'd be. Took me about 4 minutes (2 minutes to get into position, 2 minutes to extract and escape) and an S Rank first attempt :lol:

I'm about to do that one. I hated the first time...took me forever to find them! 

Also, did the Extreme Quiet Fight. Man....fuck that. I tried to do it normally....but I couldn't. So I just dropped sleeping gas on her twice.

Went to do Extreme Traitors Caravan last night and thought how much of a pain it'd be. Took me about 4 minutes (2 minutes to get into position, 2 minutes to extract and escape) and an S Rank first attempt :lol:

I'm about to do that one. I hated the first time...took me forever to find them! 

Also, did the Extreme Quiet Fight. Man....fuck that. I tried to do it normally....but I couldn't. So I just dropped sleeping gas on her twice.

If you want a tip for ETC...

Go straight to the airport, head around to the back of the airport and there's a quick way in by hopping onto a box next to the fence which takes you straight behind the bay where the vehicle is. Extract vehicle quickly, then peg it as fast as you can away from the skulls and across the border.

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1

I had a nightmare with the mission and what felt like hundreds of restarts and still got an S. I think it sort of naturally helps you to build up to that. Four of the objectives are essential so you'll get those easily enough. I only did one of the others but despite everything still reached it. Brother apparently had a similar story. Loads of deaths, didn't really seem to do much right yet still got an S.

I'm not as far as you guys, is Extreme 'mission name here' just harder versions of the current missions I'm guessing?

Are they mandatory to finish the main game? I don't think I'd wanna do them (at least not right away).

Yeah, just basically more unforgiving versions of other missions. Some of them are piss easy, this is the first one in chapter two that I've genuinely struggled with, and this is mission 40 of 45ish.

There's two chapters, chapter one is basically the main game, after which you could technically consider it finished, and chapter two is largely repeat missions with a few originals, that basically expands stuff from what I understand, so chapter two is basically more like a "post-game" than anything.

Edited by Benji