Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

well I preordered mine on PSN, so hopefully midnight tomorrow it'll start downloading.

Edit:  Actually, just fired up my Playstation

Edited by Lint

I started playing Ground Zeroes today because I figured since I've had it for a few months and Phantom Pain will be here on Tuesday, I should probably get accustomed to it. Holy hell am I going to suck if it requires more stealth. I mean I could probably sneak through the game but I can't seem tor resist the urge to shoot the damn bad guys. :(

Oh I do but then I can't be assed to hide the bodies....except that one I threw in the ocean. I rescued Chico and then decided to break for the night because I have a feeling it's going to be a long trek to finding Paz. I just lose patience in the hiding and tend to go out all guns blazing which I know isn't something I can do in these games, especially with limited ammo.

Also, do the Side Ops, they unlock stuff in TPP if you do them properly

http://kotaku.com/ive-played-30-hours-of-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-1726029596

Spoiler-free impressions from the Kotaku reviewer who has put in 50 hours.  Says the official review will be up by the end of the week

Oh I do but then I can't be assed to hide the bodies....except that one I threw in the ocean. I rescued Chico and then decided to break for the night because I have a feeling it's going to be a long trek to finding Paz. I just lose patience in the hiding and tend to go out all guns blazing which I know isn't something I can do in these games, especially with limited ammo.

You don't need to hide the bodies if you tranq every single enemy ;) 

That said, this was the first game (I finished it like 10 minutes ago) where I enjoyed stealth more than I became frustrated because I was desperate to continue the story. I even enjoyed hiding the bodies and the like, I think its because in this game the stealth mechanics actually work whereas in most games you end up getting spotted for bullshit arbitrary reasons.

Also, do the Side Ops, they unlock stuff in TPP if you do them properly

I'll go and do these before I start MGSV but can I just drop into the camp and do them one at a time? Or do I have to do them as part of a new playthrough? 

• Like 1

One at a time.  After you do the main mission, you can scroll down and see the rest

For example, during the first one, think it's called find and eliminate

of your tranq and extract the targets rather then kill them, you find out they've mutilated themselves out of guilt and PTSD, and they become available in TPP

• Like 1

I am a vicious evil person :( So I catch a guy from behind and the tutorial thing says "Ok you can int..." and before it could say interrogate I pressed the button with the skull beneath it and stabbed him to death :blush:

I also tranq people and then run up and shoot them with my rifle anyway :lol: 

• Like 4

I went and looked - it's actually Shooter type that I prefer.

Here is Action:

pic01.png

And here is Shooter:

pic02.png

Minor differences, but you have no clue the number of times I tried to reload and dove instead. I'll also super used to using the B button to switch stances, and non-standard interactions being tied to Y.

Yea, it took me a bit to get the interrogation control down.  Once I did, I was interrogating and then choking out bastards left and right.  Even got the no-kill bonus