WiP - EWB EWR Update

Sousa

They would still release all of the open contract wreslters if you cross contracted them across WWE and NXT.

There would also be no development territory in the WWE, which seems ridiculous.

Honestly, it's only a problem if you are simming a non-WWE game, and then it's not really a problem as it then would allow you to pick up some workers for other orgs.

Stats may be necessary eventually but should be nowhere near a priority at the moment, except for the biggest aberrations. 

Yeah, there's no reason to think about stats right now when we're going to delete another 4000 people, but I don't think we should do an official release until were done stats, otherwise it's just lightweight Bill. We should be looking to improve everything, not just load times. If people don't want to wait that long, they can play what we have before its actually 'released'. Technically they could play what we have now if they'd be into Bills data if not for all those damn Amys.

• Like 2

Well, if NXT is gonna be its own fed, wouldn't those on NXT and those appearing in the WWE be under open contract? Unless that was you were all going for.

Also, how are unsackable workers/staff be handled? Because I can't really do a TNA game properly without Dixie saying I can't fire so and so.

NXT should be a brand within WWE. If people want to play as NXT on its own then they or someone can make a separate data with just that changed as I'm sure it wouldn't take too much, but for me it needs to remain a WWE brand, and have the Performance Center as the development territory.

I also think that the suggestion of deleting CM Punk is silly. People will want to have Punk in their games, it is completely reasonable and realistic that he comes back to WWE/wrestling in the near future in my opinion despite what he's said, and of all the reduction of bloat that needs to be done, I don't think one of the biggest wrestlers in the world who was active recently and has no real reason that he can't be active again (like Edge) should be deleted.

Don't forget that the game randomly creates relationship every month through the game time, so maybe not having any relationships in at all isn't a good idea? What if it randomly creates a hate relationship between Triple H and Stephanie, just as an example. Obviously it's not a priority until all the worker bloat has been dealt with, but I think before a release the "main" familial and well known relationships should at least be put into the game.

Punk I support being in. Earlier I said the opposite, but was a bit overzealous in clearing the bloat I think. I want this to be fun to play, while still being grounded in reality. 

The reason I like NXT as a separate company is Open contracts. WWE can take workers from you, and you have to work around it. The problem is other companies could too, although they'd be smaller than you so not as often.

So not only are you petty donators STEALING Bill's data, now you're just disregarding his scientific proof that Shooting affects Rick Bassman and Antonio Inoki's hiring habits in game by going back to this 'It only effects who get signed to PRIDE' fallacy? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I don't like the idea of having NXT as a separate company, though agree that it could be worthwhile having two versions of the data, one in which it is in there as a playable company. I think the mechanics of the game would mean that, unless you actually play as NXT, it would be impossible to simulate, so wouldn't be worth including as a separate AI company - the game has, as far as I can remember, no way of replicating alliances between companies, or recognising that NXT and WWE are part of the same organisation, and that would cause unrealistic problems. Similarly, the interplay between the two would be impossible to simulate.

We just need to realise that certain things are impossible to represent exactly in EWR, as EWR is a game built on the wrestling industry as it was some ten years ago, not today. So you need to cut some corners and make some compromises, and decide whether it fits the game logically - for me, while NXT is a touring promotion, it is still first and foremost WWE's developmental territory, and that's the role it should best serve within the game.

As for shooting ability - the Steiners were collegiate wrestlers, true. But that was, what, thirty-plus years ago? Neither of them is signing up to an MMA fight any time soon.

As far as I am aware, the only in-game effect of the Shooting Ability stat is that if it's ticked, that worker may be hired by PRIDE. Given that the Japanese promotions in the game are outdated and uneditable, I think it's another area compromise needs to be made and, as such, I'd suggest considering "PRIDE" in-game to be something of a catch-all for "does MMA". So CM Punk could be set to "touring" with PRIDE to reflect that he's currently signed to UFC, for example. Does that make sense?

In any case, the only people with "Shooting Ability" ticked should be those with a legitimate martial arts or wrestling background that has, or would plausibly, lend itself to MMA. Or, to be even harsher, as Gazz suggested, only those with an actual MMA record.

• Like 1

I still don't think Punk should be in, if you want a database that is grounded in reality, 'Oh hey, I signed CM Punk straightaway and he beat Rollins for the WWE title on my first Raw' isn't something that could realistically happen. He's out of wrestling for at least the next 18 months minimum till his UFC contract expires and that is working on the assumption that he actually wants to return, which he doesn't.

I'm not against Punk being in due to 'Rule of Fun', but if you're going for realism, he's out due to being under contract with UFC.

Also agree that NXT should be a brand, not a separate promotion. Too unrealistic otherwise. 

Finally,  the final data shouldn't be released without, at the very least, a basic set of relationships and rudimentary stat changes. It needs to be set apart from the original data. 

Adding important basic relationships shouldn't take too long after the worker list is chopped.

Speaking of relationships, I like the idea of minor blood relatives being set as friends so they don't threaten to quit if their cousin goes.

I'm in the delete Punk camp. He's not a professional wrestler any more, and won't be until he is out of UFC at the earliest. 

NXT should be a brand too. It is the only way to do it. You need to be able to cross-promote multiple talents and if you were to be realistic about overness then the vast majority of wrestlers are going to want out of developmental otherwise. Change WWE's developmental to "Performance Centre". 

I think the way to go with stats is to decide what the numbers mean. I'd say 50-60 should be your benchmark for "capable", 60-70 is "good", 70-80 "great", 80-90 exceptional, 90+ very very rare once in a lifetime talent. Once we are on the same page on what the numbers mean we can start pigeon-holing people. Either we decide what individual wrestler is worthy of or we can see "These are the best brawlers in the world, they are the only ones that get more than 80" or something like that.

• IDOL unpinned this topic

I'm in the delete Punk camp. He's not a professional wrestler any more, and won't be until he is out of UFC at the earliest. 

NXT should be a brand too. It is the only way to do it. You need to be able to cross-promote multiple talents and if you were to be realistic about overness then the vast majority of wrestlers are going to want out of developmental otherwise. Change WWE's developmental to "Performance Centre". 

I think the way to go with stats is to decide what the numbers mean. I'd say 50-60 should be your benchmark for "capable", 60-70 is "good", 70-80 "great", 80-90 exceptional, 90+ very very rare once in a lifetime talent. Once we are on the same page on what the numbers mean we can start pigeon-holing people. Either we decide what individual wrestler is worthy of or we can see "These are the best brawlers in the world, they are the only ones that get more than 80" or something like that.

I agree with this.

As far as I am aware, the only in-game effect of the Shooting Ability stat is that if it's ticked, that worker may be hired by PRIDE. Given that the Japanese promotions in the game are outdated and uneditable, I think it's another area compromise needs to be made and, as such, I'd suggest considering "PRIDE" in-game to be something of a catch-all for "does MMA". So CM Punk could be set to "touring" with PRIDE to reflect that he's currently signed to UFC, for example. Does that make sense?

This seems reasonable to me.

• Like 4