WiP - EWB EWR Update

Sousa

I will say this. I'm going through the data trying to find wrestlers I can't find anywhere (with the goal of doing THUNDERDOME) but I've managed to find at least a Cagematch entry for damn near everyone. You get to a name like "Thump Dupree, really?" and then, bam, there he is on Cagematch with like five pictures and a title belt of some kind.

• Like 1

I just want to say that all that bitching those whacko fucks did about what a great job Bill (not sousa) did can fuck off. Bill sucks. Fuck bill and his lazy ass updates that still have Kevin Owens as Kevin Steen. The fucking guy puts in minimsl effort and it shows. 

But Puke, could you do any better? God damn right I could. But I wont.

Oh and i totally forgot my original point. I bitched about this a month ago in the hate thread. I can imagine there are more things i would like to gripe about but I am out of ideas. Shinsuke Nakamura is the US champ in my game and he is a Paul Heyman guy, and I have never seen Nakamura wrestle but he looks so fucking cool in pictures. Fuck yeah

Edited by Puke Day
  • Like 1

• Admin

I really do wish someone else would step up. By the sound of it Bill is very clearly busy doing his own thing.

Maybe I will do a quarterly one. I'll delete an assload of redundant promotions, all of the relationships file, and just concentrate on the things people largely give a shit about (WWE, ROH, Lucha Underground etc).

My improvement suggestion is to delete everything and start again.

Absolutely.

The problems with EWR stats updates are 50% that people making them don't know what they're doing and 50% that they're building on top of data that was set years, if not a full fucking decade, ago, so there are relationships included in the game based on a throwaway comment on an interview in 2004 that have never been removed, wrestlers in the game that nobody's ever heard of because in 2007 some scrub suggested stats for them and they were put in, wrestlers set as active because Bill thinks it would be really hard work to have to add them back in after he's deleted them, stats left un-changed for wrestlers who have drastically improved, or got considerably worse, in the interim because nobody gives a shit, or spend too much arguing over whether Emma's charisma stat should be 71 or 72, random tag teams with 2 experience points because they had a match together on Smackdown once in 2009, and absolutely everybody having "shooting ability" ticked because the people making the updates were convinced that stat meant "had ever performed in a legitimate sporting contest of any kind ever", not "would be booked by an MMA company" which is literally its only purpose in the game, but these people think that their idea of how the game works is far more important than how it actually fucking works.

As for overness, it's because EWR's overness setting is too basic and one-dimensional - because it's a game that's been out for more than a decade and been surpassed by several new versions, and is only still relevant because Adam Ryland's sold out and is too cheap to just give away his games to the loyal fans who have supported him for all this time it's free, and because of the whole "we don't care how the game actually plays, we want the stats to mean what we think they mean" mentality. So one of them will see "oh, Bram's a main eventer in TNA, and to be a main eventer in TNA your overness needs to be at least X, therefore his overness must be X", because clearly your overness reflects your card position. Whereas, in reality, he's a main eventer (or whatever) because he's booked as one not because he has become so overwhelmingly popular that he logically belongs in the main event. I mean, sure, you could just play as TNA and push him in the main event and deal with the consequences - which would be more accurate - but then you'd have to put up with Sophie telling you he shouldn't be in the main event, and he is in real life therefore the game is wrong, not us!

Also, Sasha Banks' stats are shitty because wimminz.

• Like 5

I haven't ever really liked EWR stats updates. I don't think anyone, as far as I know (and it has been years since I've played EWR), has ever really made custom data that actually worked how the game was programmed. Oftentimes they made the game waaay too easy.