WiP - EWB EWR Update

Sousa

Right now we're going through in alphabetical order to clear out inactives. Most of the 114 we've cleared up to the Amy's have been no names, and when somebody like Koslov or Kozlov comes up, it usually gets put to the group. If there was a way to sort/filter the file editor by overness, I'd probably do it from the low end, but it's just alphabetical.

Edited by Pizza

Alex Kozlov retired in January, so he can be deleted too.

Guess under that logic CM Punk can get deleted as well. Since Koslov announced a "indefinite sabbatical", while Punk has openly said he will never return to wrestling.

Yes he can. If it's going to be a quarterly update, he should be deleted as there is zero chance that he will return to wrestling in any capacity within the next 3-6 months.

You fuckers better not delete The Lost Souls, Patron Saints of Backyard Diaries <_<

personally I would vote keep on CM Punk because I can't imagine there aren't people who'd want to use him for diaries/scenarios. There should be more than enough excess guys without him.

• Like 3

1. Sasha Banks

2. Fernando

3. Konnor

4. Becky Lynch

5. Dash Wilder

6. Bayley

?

Four out of six.

I will tell you that you've got Konnor and Sasha Banks right, so the EWR board mod monkeys officially think Konnor is more popular than Sasha "Basically Sold Out The Barclay Center, Presumably Because Of Her Shooting Ability" Banks.

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out or not already but whatever, Sasha's overness is so low because until recently she was developmental talent. All the Developmental people get put under the limit that makes them want out.

NXT and the main roster share some people though. I guess you can put them on open contracts but that leaves other promotions able to sign them. Maybe NXT should be a brand and WWE's Developmental should be the Performance Center.

Oh and one more thing. I know the reason Bill's set takes so long is partly to blame on the relationships file. I don't think relationships should be cut completely though. It could be limited to married people(Punk&AJ), siblings(Usos) and noted best friends(Benoit and Eddie, can't think of a modern example atm).

I could never figure why a lot of non-wrestlers who are personally retired are still in the game,  though they are good for announcing and commissioner figures.

Also are we doing away with wrestlers like Cheex, Flash Christian, Erin Bray, etc. who were during the days when the game was first created? And I mentioned this long ago but staff wise, I would delete Andrew McManus and Rob Black from the staff, they do not any more wrestling promotions (that I know) and always snag ownership to a small fed. Also Laughing Larry. Even if he's dirt cheap.

I could never figure why a lot of non-wrestlers who are personally retired are still in the game,  though they are good for announcing and commissioner figures.

Because a lot of them are just retired from the ring. Look at Edge and Lita. Both are retired but still show up on WWE TV every now and then to do things.

The likes of them will remain. We want to keep it to people who are reasonably likely to show up in the promotions we have in the database, plus a solid base of unemployed, but active in the real world indy performers. Lita makes the cut, Ahmed Johnson doesn't. Vladimir Kozlov was borderline but he's out for now. 

I think a lot of the non-wrestlers should be made into wrestlers just for the sake of the 'rule of fun' as well. Non-wrestler should be saved for people who would actually only wrestle on a big show. If I want to bring back Chris Jericho (somtimes he's non-wrestler) and in my world where Rene Dupree comes back and becomes world champion, have him wrestle weekly - I should be able to do that without Arsenic. If they're too injured to work like Edge - so be it. But other guys who just don't work that often, I don't see the point.

Also - family relationships are literally the worst ones to have in the game. Any of the strong ties are the worst.