Football Manager 2016

Benji

28 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I've never understood why most FM players never haggle wage demands.

I learned the hard way when I got stuck with several players who had a Match Highest Earner clause.

Also it is seemingly impossible for me to ship James McCarthy.

1 hour ago, Big Hairy Man Face said:

Jack Wilshere has been complaining about a lack of football. Put him in for a Euro Cup game. He gets sent off in 23 seconds.

Just a complete waste of a player. No matter how good your physios are, no matter what kind of training you put him on, you're lucky to get a dozen games a season from him.

4 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Just a complete waste of a player. No matter how good your physios are, no matter what kind of training you put him on, you're lucky to get a dozen games a season from him.

Are we still talking about FM?

• Like 2

I remember on a previous version, I signed a German LB with a natural fitness rating of 1, he could never actually get to full match fitness and he'd get injured about three weeks after recovering from previous injury. He'd had a really bad leg break in real life and missed 18 months recovering.

• Like 5

On 21/03/2016 at 21:42, MDK said:

Anyone else get sentimental about players? Dean Cox is still pretty good at the level we are at now but I know I could get someone better. But he is loved by the club, is deputy captain and I personally love him. I want to wait until he's had ten seasons with us so I can give him a testimonial.

I remember one of the old FM handhelds, there was this 30 something player who had apparently been without a club for a couple of seasons. I sign him and he scored for fun in the lower leagues. Kept him and actually played him in the Premiership, even though he was latter career Ryan Giggs by this point.

On 22/03/2016 at 09:31, MDK said:

Just out of interest what is the minimum condition that you will let your player play? I usually will only dip below 90% is I don't have any other options.

It's been 90% since I first started playing FM back in '05.

Even though I don't have FM16, I've also always stuck to 90% condition. But in FM15 I had some very deep squads and I raised that limit to 95% whilst rotating around players whose match fitness was starting to drop. With only a few super-important pieces actually getting a full season's worth of games.

It really cut down on the injuries a lot, I had a lot less whingey players, and of course it gave valuable playing experience to the kiddies of whom I always feel grow 50x slower for me than AI teams who never even play them.

I also had a squad where I had three up-and-coming goalies all three of them were rated to become good/great Premier League goalies, that was an absolute mess to rotate around... Until I sold one of them to Liverpool and he never played a single game for them, and I also sold one to a team in Spain of which he also never got a game...

And yeah, I want to get FM16 but I don't feel like losing another 1000+ hours of my life shouting at my elite striker who can't hit a barn.

A mixed start to my time as Chelsea boss.

2-1 win over Bayern in the Super Cup (Chelsea had won last years Europa League)

0-1 loss to Newcastle on the opening day.

3-1 over Liverpool in our first home game at the Zola Stadium.

1-2 defeat to West Brom.

4-2 win at home to West Ham.

5-4 victory over Celtic in the Champions League is my first away win.

I added Lukaku and Firmino to the side in the hopes of adding goals and so far have learned that Chelsea that Willian/Oscar/Hazard are absolutely amazing but Diego "Let me to to Real Madrid plz despite the fact Madrid have put up zero bids for me" Costa basically has games where he cannot be arsed. Also occasionally Courtois will just kick the ball to the opposition apparently.

I tried a little thing out today. My player wanted to leave to join Forrest because they would pay more. Fine, no worries, you weren't that good anyway, prick. So the day of goodbye and signing is here! So I say "Oh well, we had to sell you because of finance and shit" and he says "Oh I can't believe its all about money" so I am delaying the transfer and I might just block it, the little shit. 

• Admin

Got to the first transfer window five points clear at the top of the league. Bought in Lewis Cook (Leeds), Pione Sisto (FC Midtjylland), and Moussa Dembele (Fulham) to reinforce the squad as injuries have ravaged us. Also bought in Rob Green for £50k from QPR to backup Lloris as Vorm has gone down with a season-ending injury. Thankfully though, Kane has stayed healthy and smashed in over 20 goals already. 

Tonight, regen-hunting!

Using a sign all the young players approach on this United save. So far I've brought in Andre Dozzell, Reece Oxford, Callum Slattery and Ryan Nyambe, with Ben Garrett, Ainsley Maitland-Niles and Dominic Solanke all joining in the summer. Spent under £20 million on them combined, so I think that's all right.

Things I'm learning from using the Brazil 27th December start date:

1. Barca always have two games in hand, and usually use those to regain top in La Liga (saying that though, they are 11th in this current one).

2. Juve and PSG are always top, usually by 6+ points.

3. The top 3 of Portugal and Holland are never really challenged.

4. Chelsea aren't in the top 4 often.