Football Manager 2016

Benji

Didn't take it, they appointed Giggs who took 5th place United to 6th. Meh.

England squad time, got some decisions to make.

Left Back: Taking Shaw. Need to decide between Baines (pretty much his last chance to go to a tournament, haven't picked him since coming 3rd at the Confederations Cup. Had a great season for Everton), Gibbs (excellent season for Arsenal) and Aaron Cresswell (came 2nd with Man City, good season, used in the qualifiers).

Centre Mid/Defensive Mid: Taking Henderson (vice captain), Alli, Dier for definite. Choice between Milner, Noble, Will Hughes, Drinkwater or Ward-Prowse. All had good seasons, not really used Milner or Noble in the qualifiers.

AMRLC: Taking Rooney, Sterling and Welbeck. Choice of Oxlade-Chamberlain - who finally broke into the Arsenal first team or Zaha, who had a great season at Palace.

Striker: Taking Vardy and Kane. Choice is Callum Wilson or Daniel Sturridge. Wilson scored more, but Sturridge scored some important goals as Liverpool finished 5th.

Went with this as my squad:

Spoiler

Hart
Butland
Forster
Clyne
Byram
Shaw
Baines
Stones
Smalling
Shawcross
Maguire
Dier
Henderson
Alli
Hughes
Drinkwater
Sterling
Welbeck
Rooney
Ward-Prowse
Vardy
Kane
Wilson

Will put Baines and Rooney out to pasture after this tournament I think.

Within a week of each other, I get this lovely nugget during the first international break of the 25/26 season...

lhthh3n.png

9Mw8oJZ.gif

Well, time to give 36 year old Wilfried Bony a job in Spain!

EDIT: And the fun keeps coming! (I want to get off Mr. Bones' wild ride!)

cdfc9e466708e8e1f8f59c44fc853826.png

Yeah that's right, Stelios tore his hamstring literally two games since returning to full training (yay!)

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

890a01dbdcd880b54f3dadd6f6f1ee97.png

8823d95dffe7e67215e393e5c2ede884.png

743642a89e39fd53216bce71bc52e428.png

0Q6wAtu0.png

Tl;dr -
- Got bored with Deportivo and got myself axed
- Signed with Connah's Quay because why the fuck not
- TNS got bought by a dodgy Taiwanese Tycoon
- Won the league on the final day having spent 139K on 'wages' (read. bonuses since non-contracts)
- As opposed to 3,89M from Taiwan Saints
- Time to fuck off to another league because the WPL is pure ass.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 4

Won the World Cup! Fairly easy group of Ukraine, Australia and Algeria almost went wrong having drawn the first game (and both Kane and Welbeck getting injured), but came out of it with 7 points. Belgium and Poland failed to get out of Group B with Chile and Costa Rica going through, Argentina also fell at the group stage (Holland didn't even qualify).

Beat Uruguay 3-1 in the second round, which is the stage Spain fell - to Italy, who I would beat in the next round. Cristiano Ronaldo beat Germany in the quarter finals, with France and Brazil going out to Costa Rica and Austria.

Austrians beat Portugal in the semis and it takes me about 85 minutes to score against Costa Rica - won 2-0 and into the final. And jesus christ it was boring. Won 2-0, and basically nothing else happened.

Decided to stay in the England job to do the European League thing, beaten Italy and Holland in the first two games. A point from the remaining two and I'm into the semi-final.

After leaving Connah's Quay post-title, I had to wait quite a while to find a new job. Eventually I had to admit that I had to tune down my lofty goals and take a smaller team.

So I got signed by AS Roma on a three year deal to help them get over the hump. They have literally won nothing in the past 12 seasons the game has ran for, and as a whole they've been trophy-shy since 2008 (TIM Cup) and 2001 (Serie A), with their best attempts being 2021 (Euro League finals) and 2019 (Serie A 2nd placed).

The team has plenty of talent, they also have Simone Scuffet (the goat!) and an elite 28 year old newgen striker from Costa Rica. The board wants me to youthify the squad and finally use that insane youth system to churn out league-winning talent.

And as a cherry on top the team has 85M in the bank and have given me a paltry 4M to spend on transfers. But the board is looking to sell so hopefully he might sell it to someone who does want to spend money.

• Like 1

One of the entertaining things about going this far back is seeing headlines like 'Kevin Nolan wins PFA Young Player of the Year' and 'Scout recommends world class striker Alan Smith'.

• Like 1