Football Manager 2016

Benji

I'm loving my game on FM15, in 2025 with Portsmouth and hoping to win the Premier League after taking them from League Two to the top just like I did AFC Wimbledon in the same save. I'm still loving it, still fresh, still a challenge. That said, I know I'll get FM16 on release day.

• 4 weeks later...

Ha, as predicted, I got it today!

Seen as the FM15 thread has kinda been taken over by FM16 chat, figured I'd bring this back up.

One thing I've immediately discovered that I find kinda cool is the game allows you to keep managers you've replaced on as Director of Football (for new game starts). I just started as Arsenal and they asked if I wanted to keep Arsene Wenger on, I said yes and he's DOF, which is pretty cool.

• Like 3

Ha, as predicted, I got it today!

Seen as the FM15 thread has kinda been taken over by FM16 chat, figured I'd bring this back up.

One thing I've immediately discovered that I find kinda cool is the game allows you to keep managers you've replaced on as Director of Football (for new game starts). I just started as Arsenal and they asked if I wanted to keep Arsene Wenger on, I said yes and he's DOF, which is pretty cool.

That's a nice touch, especially because it feels like it happens more often than it used to.

Plus if you're playing the game with the view that you're taking on the role of a 'club' rather than a 'manager', it side-steps what I've always felt to be an irritating loose end.

I.E. If I am playing a game 'as Chelsea' rather than 'as myself', then I don't want Mourinho to turn up as the new manager of Manchester City the following season. In a perfect world I would play as the existing manager, I guess, just to avoid that. But making him DoF works well to keep him effectively out of the game without, you know, killing him off. :shifty: 

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Z95a7Vg.png

Apparently this is a random occurrence. Neat.

Ok that is pretty cool. I know you said random but I wonder if that is how they got around the prospect of having to somehow recode the entire season organisation and it is a regular occurrence?

I love new FM moans.

'In theory, my tactic should dominate but I keep losing'.

I mean, in theory, Jose Mourinho's tactics should dominate according to Jose Mourinho.

• Like 6

On 29/10/2015 11:11:22, TMM said:

Where does the option for doing this come up in setting up the game? Never noticed that there

22 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Where does the option for doing this come up in setting up the game? Never noticed that there

Literally just start and then the board in their "welcome to the club" meeting will ask if you want to keep the previous manager or on let him go for a clean slate. I assume it can't just be for Arsenal

I think it must depend on age and/or time spent at the club? Cause I just tested it by starting as Boro and it never mentioned anything about Karanka moving to Director of Football. So I added a new manager as Arsenal and the welcome message says: "Upon Arsene Wengers departure, the board decided that the loss of his experience and loyalty to the club could be remedied by promoting him to Director of Football. However the board will, if requested, remove him from his newly-appointed role."

This is the first FM game I've got for 4 years. I've started a game with Bath City, taking on my usual task of managing the club nearest to me. Won our first friendly 4-0 against the might of Bridport, both my new signings scored so I'm happy. I'm only on the Touch version though, I'm not up to dealing with the thought process required for the full game yet.