Football Manager 2016

Benji

Marcelo Bielsa doesn't half jump around in this game. Takes the vacant Real Sociedad job at the start of the game, leaves after a year for Liverpool. Now a year later he's taken the vacant Man City position.

In other news, added the Confederates Cup to the Euros I won with England. Roll on the World Cup!

I'm nearly half way through my first season with Tranmere and I've got to say I never thought I'd ever be gutted about losing Gary Taylor Fletcher. 

Also playing an FA Cup replay against Nuneaton has killed half of my squad. Stupid Marlon Harewood forcing me to go to extra time and pens  

Starting third season, Premier League is odd and different and Arsenal win things:

Spoiler

Arsenal: first season; 3rd, Wenger resigned to take the France job, and Carlo Ancelotti came in and won the league. Mertesecker is captain.

Aston Villa: 1st season: Remy Garde lasted about 230 days before being sacked, Brendan Rodgers guides them to 13th then 10th. Micah Richards is captain.

Bournemouth: after 9th and 8th place finishes, Eddie Howe leaves for QPR. Finnish legend Teemu Tainio takes over as manager, with Simon Francis as captain.

Burnley: promoted second season after missing out on the playoffs in the first, Sean Dyche is still manager. Ben Mee captains.

Chelsea: despite two second place finishes Jose remains in charge, winning the Champions League in 2017 probably saved his job. John Terry is still captain.

Everton: Despite selling Stones, Barkley and basically anyone young and with potential, Roberto Matrinez has guided Everton to 6th and 5th placed finishes, Baines captains a side that is the retirement home for former top talents from around Europe. Chris Samba, Luca Toni, Pepe, Diego and Fredy Guarin have all played for the club.

Hull: Like Burnley, promoted second season after a first season play-off appearance, Steve Bruce left for Leicester and was replaced with Paul Lambert. Curtis Davies is captain.

Leicester: Bruce takes over after Ranieri's retirement, having kept Leicester firmly midtable.

Liverpool: Klopp leaves for Atletico Madrid despite only finishing 7th, with Marcelo Biesla of Real Sociedad coming in to replace him. He too finishes 7th and somehow lands a job at Man City, leaving West Ham manager Frank de Boer to takeover. England vice-captain Jordan Henderson captains the team.

Man City: Won the title season 1, 4th season 2, twice runners-up in the Champions League, Manuel Pellegini then retires and Biesla takes over. Kompany still captains a side that has spent £250 million in two years.

Man Utd: Van Gaal gets sacked after a 4th placed finished, and is replaced by Diego Simeone, who brings in his own assistant manager (Giggs goes onto manage Sunderland and is currently in charge of Norwich). A 3rd placed finish follows, with Rooney still captaining the side.

Newcastle: Much improved under Steve McLaren, finishing 8th and 9th, Janmaat captains a side that also contains Yohan Cabaye.

QPR: Runners up in the Championship first season, Neil Warnock guids them to a 14th place finish before retiring. New manager Eddie Howe has Sandro as captain.

Southampton: 10th and then 12th place finishes meant that Ronald Koeman got sacked (he now finds himself at Real Sociedad, their 3rd manager in as many seasons), with former Stoke manager Mark Hughes taking over. They kept James Ward-Prowse and other young talent, although Mane left for Chelsea, and 33 year old Jose Fonte captains.

Stoke: Having dispensed with Mark Hughes, Stoke turned to little known Spanish manager Paco Jemez, last seen being sacked by Rayo. Shawcross captains a side that sees Sergio Romero and David Ospina battling it out for starting keeper.

Swansea: Gary Monk finished 11th first season but was sacked during the second, with Aitor Karanka coming in from Middlesborough, and he guided the Swans to 13th. Ashley Williams is still captain.

Spurs: Despite not being able to break into the top 4, with finishes of 5th and 6th, Pochetto remains Spurs manager. Hugo Lloris captains a side that hasn't really changed much, although Eric Dier did just leave to Man City.

Watford: Like Spurs, not much has changed at the Hornets, Qulque Flores is still manager, with Troy Deeney as captain, although they do have Charlie Austin in the team also.

West Ham: Slaven Bilic lasted all of 5 minutes (or 249 days) before being sacked as West Ham managers, being replaced by Ajax's Frank De Boer (who then leaves for Liverpool). 17th and then 11th in terms of finishes, with Mark Noble currently captaining a side led by new manager Sinisa Mihajlovic, formerly of AC Milan (sacked and replaced by Roy Hodgson) and Lille.

Wolves: Back in the Premier League after a 5 year absence, Kenny Jackett is technically the longest serving manager in the Premier League. English-born Indian international Danny Batth is captain.

On 11/11/2015, 9:27:01, Thrilla said:

They were totally in the game last season! ... Just only if you started in January 2015 with the January update. :shifty: