HELP: Sketch Show Poster Art

Maxx

So, I'm directing a Halloween sketch comedy show and we're sort of at an impasse when it comes to a poster, so I'm trying to find more design options.  If you can help, and we go with your design, it will be seen by a good amount of people as we'll promote the crap out of the show around Dallas, there will be lots of prints made and I'll happily send you one.

And to be fair, I don't even need a full poster design, I just need an element draw/photoshopped that I'm having trouble pulling off myself.  If you want to design a whole poster with it, awesome, but really I just need someone good with illustrator and photoshop, I've got enough skill to do the rest of the layout if you don't have time.

I'm looking to get an old TV show static, with a cracked screen and a ghost/spirit type thing looking like its leaking out of the cracked screen and hovering above the TV.  This would be the big, focal point of the poster, and the rest of the poster would be pretty minimalist beyond that, with just the show's title, cast names and dates.  Its going to be on 11x17 size posters, so if you're doing just the TV/Ghost part and nothing else, please have it in a format that can be enlarged without distorting the image.

Anybody want to take a stab at it?  Hoping to have something by this weekend, sorry if that is a terribly short deadline.

Edited by Maxx

Any chance you could do a less cartoon-y version as well?  I was picturing something somewhat more photo-realistic (as photorealistic as a ghost can be)

Appreciate the work though, thank you.

Edited by Maxx

If you're looking for photo realistic you should probably give me all the details for the poster as that's not really something illustrator handles. I'll have to dig around for stock images which will be a bit of a task And it's more of a photoshop job

Edited by Tove iDOL

Can we see the one you have? I'm kinda curious as to what it looks like.

qZWqdvi.jpg

The result of a lot of compromise.  I'm alright with it, its a bit too busy for my taste and super Poltergiest-y.  A guy on reddit designed one which was less overtly horror movie-ish, but was extremely well designed and very clean.  He fit in all the info from this poster, plus the dates and times of our shows, and it looks clean and super professional.  Of course the cast hated it.  

If you're curious about that one, you can see it here:  
http://i.imgur.com/5hJBjaN.jpg

I felt it has a subtle creepy vaudeville kind of vibe, which I really love.  Plus again, extremely well designed.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 1