Heroes: Reborn

Ruki

Anyone else watching it? I'm about halfway through, really enjoying it...although it just pissed me off.

The Japanese girl going into a video game? Come on. That's stupid. Don't do that. I hope that doesn't last.

Edit: "Leeroy Jenkins"...so bad, but I laughed.

Edited by Ruki

Chiming in finally

Echoing all the ridiculousness of the Japanese girl's power. Oh man it was stupid.

Robbie Kay's character arc was certainly the best of the new characters, although from the little bit I saw of him on OUAT, he's a phenomenal young actor. I loved that he sent Zach Levi's character and his woman to Primatech, and that there is still shit going on underneath it all in Primatech. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I did not see that coming.

But seriously, why is no one else crying at the death of The Haitian? I was devastated! Always loved his character throughout the original run.

That kid? He is amazing. My favorite story of the new group thus far. I like him a lot.

I was worried when I saw The Haitian...in that it will be the old cast showing up at random, doing a thing, then dying. I don't want that to be a constant thing.

Once upon a time! :o That's where I saw him before. I couldn't place it. He was Pan right?

Also I don't like HRG or Noah or whatever you want to call him. He's always felt too smart and bad ass to me. I don't remember him having much trouble with anything ever. Just can't get behind that. The way they handled the whole Claire situation was pretty smart. I would have been cheeky and said she was living in Nashville now :P 

He did indeed play Pan, Srar. He was fantastic as an evil son of a bitch on there.

But you bite your tongue! I don't want to hear a bad word about HRG! I like the dynamic between he and the Quentin character. I enjoyed his work during the Dark Matters prequel. I definitely think they're holding out hope that they can get Hayden Paniterre or however you spell it back on the show at some point, because this is most likely Nashville's last season on the air, if ratings are anything to go by.

I have to disagree with Srar...I love Noah so much! He;s the best. Well, second best...Tommy has been pretty fantastic.

And it doesn't look like his mom is gonna last. And Molly! You are so dumb! People were there to rescue you...so you run away? You deserve to be captured.

The guy with the underground railway/ Still don't care about him too much. And I am glad they got away from the video game stuff.

But Harris! That guy is cool! He is the best villain!

I have to disagree with Srar...I love Noah so much! He;s the best. Well, second best...Tommy has been pretty fantastic.

Hidden Content

Well it appears we know what the Japanese girl is... a ROBOT! I find there to be similar things to the first season and this. A big cataclysmic event that some know of and they are trying to put the pieces together to save the world whilst there is a big wrench in the plan.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

No. The Black guy was a robot and he mentioned her being one of his creations. It makes sense given she can download into the game etc.

• 3 weeks later...

So... anyone still watching? I was a week behind, and usually I catch up on my day off, today. I had no desire to watch the episode from last Thursday, even though I knew Hiro Nakamura would be on it. The show has just been slow, plodding, and generally uninteresting, sans the Tommy storyline. However, I decided I would watch and let this "Game Over" episode decide whether or not it would be game over for Heroes Reborn for me. I watched, and I'm glad I did. Best episode in the series by far.

The intertwining arc with Miko/Ren and HRG/Quentin to save and free Hiro was really well executed I thought. They alluded to Miko not being human earlier, and we got our reveal that she isn't. I'm expecting them to bring her back, even though she was supposed to have sacrificed herself by freeing Hiro. I'm of two minds on that, as I'd like to see Heroes actually keep a dead character dead, but Miko could tell more of a story too. Plus, seeing her just say "I know" to Ren like she's Han Solo when he told her he loved her was great, for the Han Solo moment and because it was her avoiding another love storyline, something Heroes was all too up in last time around. Quentin dying by his sister was nicely done, but wouldn't be surprised if that's cancelled out next episode.

I'm really excited about them going into the past to see what truly happened on June 13th, and Angela Petrelli makes an appearance! I just don't want to see Heroes essentially re-write the entire show by going into the past. But we'll see what happens.

I still am expecting Hayden Penietierre to make an apperance on the show by the end of the mini-series, with how much they're playing it up...