Heroes: Reborn

Ruki

I'm still watching...it's just such and up and down show. There are some really high points, some really low points (mostly that it is either: a) cheesy or b) too slow).

STILL hated the whole video game bullshit. So, I am hoping that it is finally done. HRG/Quentin were a great combo, but it sucks that Quentin is deadzo.

The guy in the lucha mask? He's pretty neat. He's like a poor version of Iron Man!

The girl with the power to bring dead things to life or whatever? I do not care for her, at all. but now that she is teaming up with the evo-killer-turned-evo....might be less terrible.

And, as I felt from the first two episodes...Tommy is the best character and has the best storyline.

I want to like this...I really do. Game Over was a step in the right direction, but somehow this show managed to jump into the action too fast which lead to a severe lack of character development...but also at the same time, move really slowly considering it's a limited series. I'm not even sure how that's possible, but they manage it! 

I would love to post some stuff on the two past episodes, but sadly the website has somehow lost its spoiler function for me :(

Without being too descriptive, I will say I have definitely enjoyed these past two episodes, and I loved the swerve thrown in at the end. However, in typical Heroes fashion, the whole thing is riddled with inconsistencies that I'm curious if they'll ever actually explain.

Spoiler

CASPER! :(

Also! I had to laugh...they say they are somewhere in the states (where was the ice cream shop...Texas? Illinois?)...but in the background you see a TD Canada Trust.

Edit: Next week is the last episode until Jan 7th. Boo.

Spoiler

The Haitian!! He lives! :)

I love Parkman as The Director. He is actually fun as a bad guy, where as he was mostly bland as fuck in the original run. Waiting to see everything all unfold as Haitian/Baddie's Daughter and co go to get Micah. 

I like the tease for next week with Miko in the future.

While I like Nathan/Tommy and Malina as Claire's twins, still don't know if I like him as Master Of Time And Space though. I will say this series has come along nicely though after such a boring start.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Honestly? I'm ok with it being cancelled. I was hoping that the series could find new life with the mini-series...but it's just been...average. Some characters are good, but most are just bland or downright terrible. The CGI is cringe worthy for 2016. Heroes has only gotten to this point on the strength of the first season, and that came out in 2006! It's time to say goodbye to Heroes.

Hopefully the ending is definitive and doesn't leave any loose ends. Only two more episodes.

19 minutes ago, Ziggy Srardust said:

Are we supposed to know the biological father for the kids? I know Hiro raised Tommy and all but who is the father? I thought they said it was Peter but I am not sure

I don't think we are. And it better not be Peter, that'd be incest.

20 minutes ago, Ziggy Srardust said:

It would? Must have forgotten that

Yeah, Peter and Nathan were brothers, and Claire was Nathan's daughter.

As for the episode...

Looks like next week is gonna have a lot more of the cheesy CGI video game. Booooooo.

Also, Erica's backstory was kinda horrible. But I can see why she hates all EVOS now. And I didn't realize that they were saying 'HELE' all season, I thought they were saying healing. Wah wah.

But, another meh episode. I'm going to watch next week, and I'll be glad it's done. Heroes has never been able to recapture the feeling of the first season.

Finally got caught up...

Spoiler

Still bummed The Haitian had such little impact in that whole charade with Parkman. That was disappointing :( The Haitian is the man!

Overall, yeah, I have to agree that I'm okay with this ending. It just hasn't been that great. It's been okay, watchable, but not anywhere near thrilling enough for me to want to watch a second season. Zach Levi's character has become someone that I like, and Malina has grown on me a lot as the season's gone on. However, apart really from Tommy and Luke, I haven't been all that invested in them. The likes of Noah, Haitian, search for Micah, and Parkman have still been more fun for me to see. With that being said, the thought of Parkman being stuck to die after his car crash would be fucking hilarious.

Hopefully I'll actually watch the episode live tonight, but if I don't, I won't be that fussed. It's just a mediocre, at best, TV show, and it's only mediocre because of my love for the original Heroes.

However, I definitely LOL'ed at Luke telling Malina to stay in the car... brought back some wonderful Chuck memories of the Nerd Herder :wub:

Finale...

Spoiler

That was stupid. They never really built up why the twins had to be together to save the world. Then when they are, they actually can't, so Noah has to die for it all to work. Just so forced, so contrived. So... well, Heroes.

I have to laugh that the show us ending with that teaser about the father that will never see. It was probably Sylar anyways :P

Yup. That's about what I expected.

Just kinda there...and I half expected them to have another cliffhanger even when they weren't guaranteed another season. Tommy/Nathan and his girlfriend (who's name I cannot remember) were the highlights of the new characters. Noah and Hiro were the best returning characters, but they didn't really do much.

Although, @Szumi, I like your theory of Sylar being their father. That will now be accepted as canon, until the creators of the show come out and say who it really is (with their track record, something stupid and silly).

Goodbye Heroes, I won't miss you. At least you tried, I guess.