FA Cup 2015/16 Thread

FestiveJack

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Seeing as this thread is stupidly early even by my standards, we might as well take a look at the draw for the FA Cup fourth qualifying round is complete. Here's who's playing who:

Gateshead v Solihull Moors or Worcester City; AFC Fylde v Barrow'; Wrexham v Gainsborough Trinity; Marine or Northwich Vic v Chorley; Harrogate Town v Grimsby Town; Barwell v AFC Rushden & Diamonds; Salford City or Bradford Park Ave v Southport; Sporting Khalsa or Spalding Utd v FC utd or Buxton; Chasetown or Stalybridge Celtic v North Ferriby Utd; FC Halifax v Guiseley; Tranmere Rovers v Lincoln City.

Stourbridge v Kidderminster Harriers; Macclesfield Town v Alfreton; Brackley or Rugby v Kettering or Bamber Bridge; Altrincham v Chester; Whitehawk or Gosport Borough v Poole Town; Maidenhead United v Woking; Basingstoke Town v Torquay United; Grays Athletic v Welling United; Boreham Wood v AFC Hornchurch; Wealdstone v Bognor Regis Town; Didcot Town v Hoddesdon Town or Brentwood Town; Eastbourne Borough v Dover Athletic; Chesham Utd v Enfield or Hitchin; Staines Town v Gloucester City; Aldershot Town v Hemel Hempstead Town or Sutton United.

Bromley v Eastleigh; Margate v Forest Green Rovers; Braintree Town v harlow Town or Bath City; Havant and Waterlooville v Cheltenham Town; Chippenham Town v Maidstone United; St Albans City v Weston Super Mare.

Get yourselves to a nearby game if you can!

I used to always want Whitehawk to do well because of the name but then I think they were involved in a match fixing ring a couple of years back.  I'll go for Sporting Khalsa instead >_>

Always and forever Clapton F.C for me. Gotta rep your local, local club. UP THE TON'S!

I used to always want Whitehawk to do well because of the name but then I think they were involved in a match fixing ring a couple of years back.  I'll go for Sporting Khalsa instead >_>

Racist. What about Blackhawks?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Salford City will be dreaming of a giant-killing against Notts County when they make their debut in the first round of the FA Cup.

The Evo-Stik League Northern Premier side are owned by Manchester United’s Class of 92 – Gary and Phil Neville, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt – who were all Wembley winners in their playing careers.

And the famous five will be preparing for another big Cup day when League Two club Notts County visit Moor Lane on the weekend of 6-9 November for a tie which should attract the television cameras.

“I’m delighted for everybody at the club for all the work that’s been put in,” Salford’s former United striker Danny Webber said. “It was important we got a league club and it will be great for the lads to pit their wits against a league club to see where we stand. It’s exciting for everybody at Salford.”

Salford’s neighbours FC United of Manchester also have an attractive tie, at home to the 1997 semi-finalists Chesterfield, while Altrincham could enhance their Cup reputation against Barnsley of League One.

Wigan, FA Cup winners in 2013, make the short trip to Bury while the 2008 winners, Portsmouth, are at home to Macclesfield.

Didcot, 15th in Division One South & West of the Evo-Stik Southern League and the lowest-ranked side left in the competition, will welcome Exeter, who were beaten by non-league Warrington at the same stage of the competition last season.

AFC Fylde, of the Vanarama National League North, head to Millwall, Brackley Town host Newport and Aldershot welcome League One Bradford City, who shocked Chelsea last season with a 4-2 fourth-round victory at Stamford Bridge.

“It’s a tough draw but we’ll be ready for it and give them the utmost respect,” said the Bradford manager, Phil Parkinson.

Coventry, winners in 1987, will entertain their former landlords, Northampton, while the 1953 Cup winners, Blackpool, visit Barnet and AFC Wimbledon will be at home to the National League leaders Forest Green Rovers.

First-round ties will take place on 6-8 November.

Draw in full
Burton Albion v Peterborough
Port Vale v Maidenhead
Barnet v Blackpool
Bristol Rovers v Chesham United
Cambridge Utd v Basingstoke
Mansfield v Oldham
Altrincham v Barnsley
Crewe Alexandra v Eastleigh
Northwich Victoria or Chorley v Boreham Wood
Coventry v Northampton
Brackley v Newport County