NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

With the monumental news that Anthony Bennett has cleared waivers and signed with Toronto, as well as me re-upping my sub to league pass and Maxx starting a fantasy league, I figure it's probably about time to kick off a new season thread.

Hawks almost had J-Rich, but alas.  Had his body held up, he could have been a damn fine depth guy.  Better he walks away with his health, though.

Mike Scott was arrested for drug possession.  Knowing how it's gone for other athletes, I doubt he will be affected terribly.  Still wish we would go get some more backcourt help.

Tristan Thompson wants more than $17.5M a year. I understand the leverage he has over the Cavs (they're over the cap so a replacement would be an exception or minimum player, friends with and has the same agent with LeBron), but how the fuck could you consider giving him that? 

He's a 10 & 9 and isn't a starter, no matter how much salaries jump there is no way an average role-player will be getting $17.5M. It isn't even like he's had some monster 30-10 game or something that you can point to as him being able to bust out and do something amazing. Shit is crazy.

Oh yeah, Tristan is just idiotic trying to force himself to such a deal. He's playing behind one of the best PF's in the game when healthy in Kevin Love, and then he demands 17.5M as a player with limited usage. He's just crazy and LeBron is also an asshole for practically telling him to do such a thing rather than talk sense into the kid.

I get why Tristan would ask for it, since it might be his only major payday of his career even if the cap goes up, and it's obvious he's a limited player who won't have all-star upside.

But still, dude needs some sense because there's no other team that will pay that much for a player like him, not even the Kings would go there...

• 2 weeks later...

If he did spit on his ex-wife that's fucking disgusting and deserves punishment.

But I wouldn't date someone I knows ex without running it by them first. He overreacted but a lot of people do in that situation. Hell a lot of people overreact if they don't already know their ex-wife/husbands new partner.

And I'll qualify it by saying I think Matt Barnes is a horrible person. But the whole thing is ick and making it public is even icker. 

So I've recently been really getting into basketball having only kind of paid attention before now. Which means I don't have a team.

So I'm going to have a tournament for my support! And probably a few of my pennies!

I don't want to just choose a team so I'm going to watch all 30 teams and essentially 'advance' a team to the next round based on who I end up rooting for (regardless of result). For example, I have watched the first of these games already and the 76'ers have been eliminated with the Knicks progressing to the next round! I realise Philly were missing most of their big names from this game but I want to get this going early so I'm including pre-season so I can have a team as soon as possible. So, hooray (?)! I'm pretty sure outside of @Plubby there are no Knicks fans around here though?

Anyway, I figure this is a pretty good way of finding out who I naturally root for and end up with a team I genuinely like. And knowing my history of stereotypical British love affairs with previous underdogs I suspect I won't be celebrating a championship any time soon in this sport either.

So yeah,

Round One

76'ersKnicks

Timberwolves Raptors

SpursHeat

PelicansBulls

Trailblazers Jazz

Bucks Cavs

Nuggets @ Warriors

KingsLakers

RocketsSuns

Edited by Pepsi Twhor