NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

Ahhh okay.

Of all the players that made me root for them over Philly, it was Robin Lopez's barrage in the first quarter and Derrick Williams taking the game to Dunk City. That was good fun.

Plus I'm a sucker for the blue and orange combo.

You should support the Oklahoma City Thunder.

And in my eyes we have the best 1-2 Punch in the NBA in Durant and Westbrook! Amazing scorer and the most explosive, even after knee surgeries, triple double threat.

Edited by Lars Elric

You should not be rooting for the Spurs, they are the opposite of an underdog, and also terrible.

T'Wolves are Quom's domain.

Oh I doubt the Spurs last but I'm just yesterday's games as my base point. So it was them or the Heat. And yeah, not a fan of the Heat.

I also doubt the T'Wolves make it all the way either.

Doing it this way gets me familiar with all the teams and it's entertaining for me. I already know of a few teams I highly doubt it will be but I'm giving them all a 'fair' shot. The match ups just depend on games that day for the first round. So occasionally a Spurs or similar might make it through.

Yeah if you want to get in at the sorta ground floor with a team and budding megastar, the Pels are where it's at.  This year or next year Davis could establish himself as the best player in the entire league and they're going to be fun as hell to watch in spite of that with the offense they'll be running.

• Like 1

Utah Jazz are also a very young team with some really really good upcoming players. Gordon Hayward is probably the best Small Forward after Bron, KD, Melo, and he gives the latter a run for his money if he progresses once more this year.

Rudy Gobert is an absolute beast in the low post and he almost defended his team into the playoffs last season after the team went on a tear after the Enes Kanter trade promoted Gobert into the starting 5. He's crazy talented on defense and can get some highlight reel stuff on offense.

Derrick Favors, talented and strong bigman with a good postgame too, like Hayward has improved every year in the league.
Then there's Alec Burks who can score, and a few talented kids in Burke, Exum, Trey Lyles, and Hood.

Utah Jazz are also a very young team with some really really good upcoming players. Gordon Hayward is probably the best Small Forward after Bron, KD, Melo, and he gives the latter a run for his money if he progresses once more this year.

Rudy Gobert is an absolute beast in the low post and he almost defended his team into the playoffs last season after the team went on a tear after the Enes Kanter trade promoted Gobert into the starting 5. He's crazy talented on defense and can get some highlight reel stuff on offense.

Derrick Favors, talented and strong bigman with a good postgame too, like Hayward has improved every year in the league.
Then there's Alec Burks who can score, and a few talented kids in Burke, Exum, Trey Lyles, and Hood.

Hayward is also well behind Leonard and George, and I'm also thinking Wiggins will be better than him.

I'm all on the Rudy Gobert bandwagon though.

And the Derrick Favors bandwagon.

Edited by Red Devil-Taker316

And if you like to be constantly disappointed, even during good years when they eventually shit the bed and choke in the playoffs, become a Phoenix Suns fan :'( it'll just feel that much more satisfying if we ever do win something :)

I second the taking a look at Milwaukee and New Orleans teams though as young up and comers... 

To be honest it would probably make more sense to hold your auditions once the season starts. At the moment the best players on teams are playing about 15 minutes instead of 30+ and if a starter so much as sneezes the team will probably give them the night off.

To be honest it would probably make more sense to hold your auditions once the season starts. At the moment the best players on teams are playing about 15 minutes instead of 30+ and if a starter so much as sneezes the team will probably give them the night off.

Yeah, I was in two minds about this but ended up starting now because while I can just watch whatever games are on now to 'eliminate' teams, once it gets further in I will have to wait until certain teams actually play each other. I have some knowledge of the teams though, so I guess some of previous viewing will colour my feelings but I'm purely going on my gut reaction to teams.

I know he hasn't played since 2013, but Lamar Odom's in pretty bad shape after being found unconscious at a Nevada brothel. The LA Times is reporting that when he was found "gross stuff" was coming out of his nose and mouth, and that he's hospitalized now, in a coma, on a ventilator.

Look Pepsi, what we're saying is you have to become a Pelicans fan.  It's already been decided.  Now go to the bathroom and pencil in a unibrow.

• Like 2