NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

OKC was really on fire, and there wasn't anything we could've done to stop them from winning, really... Also, the referees were absolutely atrocious, the entire game ground to a halt in the second quarter where they were calling soft fouls in the bonus left right and center, so they were parading up and down the court to shoot free throws for the better part of 15 minutes.

9 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

OKC was really on fire, and there wasn't anything we could've done to stop them from winning, really... Also, the referees were absolutely atrocious, the entire game ground to a halt in the second quarter where they were calling soft fouls in the bonus left right and center, so they were parading up and down the court to shoot free throws for the better part of 15 minutes.

The refereeing was horrible. Also I've never seen a 7 foot man flop that great XD

On 4/20/2016 at 14:08, Alexis Sanchez said:

After watching the Mavs/Rockets game during WrestleMania week, I am now a fully fledged Mavs fan.

That ending against the Thunder was great.

So, what do I need to know about the Mavs? 

DeAndre Jordan should be your favorite player. :lol: 

On 4/22/2016 at 22:27, thatshortguy said:

I don't think we've had @Quom's take on the Wolves nabbing Thibs.  Surely he's gotta be over the moon with trepidation on this one :P 

I'm excited and kind of worried at the same time. Not about Thibs' coaching, I think that's going to be great and he'll do a great job, am also hoping with keep SMitch as an assistant, he did well developing our guys, his issue was making adjustments and with rotations. Quite a few of our players seemed to really love him. 

My concern is more with Layden, he really fucked up in New York chasing instant gratification. We have decisions to be made with 'Bazz and Dieng. I'm really hoping they don't decide to package them for a mediocre player in his prime or come in making wholesale changes, especially when LaVine and KAT both really love Dieng. On the other hand a lot of players tweeted congratulating Thibs so hopefully he can get us some vets that aren't 90 to pad out the bench. Basically we need some bench guys, but if they start packaging young guys aiming for a win now roster I'm gonna be pissed.

I don't really buy the minutes bullshit and Thibs running them into the ground. What's vital to me is keeping Arnie Kander instead. To me it's all about the medical team. You need guys who understand basketball and know when to force guys to sit and when they can come back and the experience to know hints and tips that work for basketball players. Thibs leaving Chicago certainly doesn't seem to have done their injury rate any favours. Likewise we were ravaged by injuries last season compared to this one and no drastic changes were made besides Kander coming in.

It might be a challenge for Thibs to come up with a great offence that suits our team. We have two of the most athletic wings in the league, a stretch 5 and a pass first point guard that has a long set up time to shoot, has no floater game and an injury history that makes me worried every time he leaps in traffic.

But he should be able to get Wiggins, LaVine and Shabazz to play good D. LaVine and Shabazz have already shown a passion for D, they just don't know how to do it. LaVine quits when he hits a screen, Shabazz is like a whirling dervish and super high energy on D, he just doesn't know how to play within the game. Wiggins goes to fucking sleep though and I can see him spending stretches on the bench if he keeps looking disinterested on D.

The biggest plus for me is that Thibs seems to fucking love Rubio. He gave an interview right after signing and offered his take on some of our players, the player he was most complimentary of was Rubio and basically called him a perfect PG since he knows where players are best from and when and how to get them the ball to be most effective. So hopefully for the first time since he came over I won't be spending an off-season or all-star break reading rumours about us shopping him.

I mean compared to Mark Jackson (I would have needed to switch teams after his shit about gays), Brooks, Hornacek etc. to me Thibs was easily the best option and a massive step above. The only other candidate that made me excited was JVG.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jasonmufc said:

They're my team in the East (Celts second), and they better keep winning and kick out the Heat!

We're winning in 6, I think we figured their gameplan out. Today we were pretty 13/14-esque, not giving anything on D and creating solid, passing-oriented offense. LINSANITY BAY BAYYYYYYY

• Like 1

I love Jeremy Lin so much. Partly due to his bro-mance with Chandler Parsons, and basically him doing his thing and not having any airs about it. And he's suffered the most fouls taken of all players without ever having a flagrant called (dudes a damn chewtoy and refs apparently don't care), and he's never moaned about it.

Basically, Lin is awesome and he deserves all success.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

You're probably right. Easier to blame Thibs :( I really do think he didn't sub out enough. Ran Rose and Butler into the ground

I mean LeBron played 40 minutes a game his first five seasons in the league, Durant spent 6 seasons playing 38+. Butler played 38.7 so it really isn't anything insane, Rose never went over 37.5. Butler also played 36.9MPG this season (3rd highest in the league).

That's the main reason why I blame the medical staff, or just plain bad luck. Guys playing 38-40 minutes a game isn't insane or anything historic, in Jordan's final season in Washington at the age of 39 he was playing 37MPG. 

Plus sometimes shit just happens. Like NO/Memphis/Dallas/Chicago this year where loads of guys just seem to get injured.