NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

I'm generally in favour of players grabbing as much as they can - because why shouldn't they? But Jesus that's a horrible over pay.

In lol Timberwolves news: Sam Mitchell came out last week and declared LaVine our starting SG and that it was his role to lose. A week later he has already lost that role. 

Edited by Quom
  • Like 1

:( This has shocked the shit out of me. They were acting like it was no big deal. 

Well, in all truth Hodgskins Lymphoma is a form of cancer with one of the highest treatment rates around. Survival Rates are around 85%. So nobody really saw this coming, but as cruel as it sounds there will always be that 15%, and Flip was one of those.

May he rest in peace, and may his family be showered in comfort.

Really sad to hear, Flip was one of the good guys. He was the Pistons coach during some of our good years after the championship win, and was always a class act. In fact I remember going to an open practice and he spoke to the Detroit fans, it was his first year here actually, and he was just really cool, really personable.

Flip was the Wizards coach during some of the worst years but was very engaging with the fans and positive, definitely a guy who had the respect of his players.  Shame he got fired before the young core started to thrive in 2013.

Anyway, tonight's opening night!  Here are some predictions!

East

1. Cleveland
  2. Washington
  3. Chicago
  4. Atlanta
  5. Miami
  6. Toronto
  7. Milwaukee
  8. Indiana

Conference Finals: Cleveland over Washington

West

1. Golden State
  2. Oklahoma City
  3. San Antonio
  4. Houston
  5. LA Clippers
  6. Memphis
  7. New Orleans
  8. Utah

Conference Finals: San Antonio over Golden State

NBA Finals: Cleveland over San Antonio

Not confident enough to predict the seeding, but I'll go Cavaliers over Washington in the East and Spurs over the Rockets in the West, then going on to defeat LeBron, Irving and Love in the Finals.

I'd love to see a young team like the Jazz go far or Anthony Davis to have an MVP season to freshen things up, though.

I'm a little bit excited. I don't care that we'll likely suck, I'm just hoping for a year of guys being healthy and actually getting to play together. I'm hoping for some super exciting plays or breakout games where it makes you good to be a fan of a shit team. Plus I'd be super excited if we end up with Ben Simmons next year >_>. 

Benny the Bull might be the best thing in basketball.

Edit. Holy shit Steph is killing it.

Edited by Quom
Did E'twaun Moore's parent not realise what they were naming him?