LEAN Version of EWR October 2015 Update

NXT Status  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do with NXT?

• Leave NXT as is (unplayable development territory)
    • Make NXT a brand in WWE and add "WWE NXT" as the TV Show
    • Split NXT from WWE with workers shared on open contracts

Here you can download October 2015 update (LEAN version) - DATA only

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1nb9a8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally, I took Bill's September update, that is posted on this page, and started to do following modifications:

I've majorly reduced the number of workers. My priorities to delete were:
1. Non-wrestlers, not hired by any promotion and inactive for a long time. I left only some of the retired major stars like Stone Cold or Edge. Just to give a loophole to make them authority figures. Old mexican&japanese stars turned into non-wrestlers were also deleted.
2. Old Japanese female wrestlers&non-wrestlers. First of all, I have no idea why they were in the game at the first place. I left only a couple of Japanese female stars but only those who are competing nowadays and are quite popular (according to their in-game overness and cagematch profile).
3. Japanese wrestlers with low overness and not signed to any japanese promotion. 
4. Wrestlers with very low overness and terrible stats. There were hundreds of them in the game (including a lot of australian wrestlers).
5. Wrestlers who are officially inactive according to cagematch or are active but haven't competed for a long time.
6. WWE - I moved some non-wrestlers to STAFF and deleted Linda McMahon
7. Very old staff workers. EWR would retire them asap anyway so there is no sense to keep them in. Also, some staff with very low talent and not contracted to any promotion.
8. Relationships. With the exeption of the most obvious ones like Triple H-Stephanie.
9. All alter-egos. They don't serve a purpose in the game. If want to know more about a wrestler, you can just google him and check his other names.

Other changes:
1. I totally rebuilt WWE's staff system. EWR expects you to have only about 3-4 production workers in global promotion. WWE in Bill's update has tens of them. We all know the result - if you start new game with any other promotion than WWE, and proceed to the next day, you'll observe WWE firing almost all of their production workers. This game was not designed to have so many staff in one promotion. So, I totally changed the conception. In real world, WWE has hundreds of workers of different roles. There is no sense to add each one separately to game's staff section because EWR was not designed to work that way. To fix this, I deleted all executive officers, low and mid level managers, backstage support workers, all media staff - generally all production workers who are not on-screen characters. Ring announcers, backstage interviewers, who are on-screen characters, are left as separate production workers. Instead, I created "one" worker named "WWE Executive Officers" and the second named "WWE Production Crew". I think it's ok since the owner of WWE is "WWE Board of Directors". If owner can be a group of people, then it's legal to have the same rule with production staff. The rest of the production staff are on-screen characters like Eden Stiles.

2. I toned down stats for a large part of workers. If there are hundreds of workers with stats like brawl 70+, speed 70+, tech 70+, playing an indy promotion becomes a joke (90% match quality boosts overness even by 10 points - in a very short time your roster is as over as in global promotion). Also, toned down stats will help you reveal workers who are really best in class at the moment. In some cases, I raised stats, for example Zack Sabre's tech is now in 90' (he is considered the best technical wrestler in the world). 

3. Unticked "shooting" for former football/rugby players and former generic amateur wrestlers. I kept "shooting" for workers who either have mma record, or were very succesfull in fighting sports (like having black belt in karate or winning titles as amateur wrestler)

4. Unticked "superstar look" for generic looking workers. I prefer this perk to be more prestigious. Only guys that really stand out, like Randy Orton or Roman Reigns, are worthy to have "superstar look". 

5. Unticked "menacing" for many workers, who in my opinion, are not menacing at all.

Still to do:

1. I want to increase the number of relationships. 

2. Workers section - I plan to add more tough enough competitors. For now, I only have Joshua Bredl. 

3. Perhaps I deleted some wrestlers who are potential big prospects (I deleted 4000 people after all). Well, I'm eager to bring such workers back.

4. Stats still need a lot of work. I think making them as accurate as possible for 1800 workers is the most difficult part of dealing with this update.

5. I estimated Dario Cueto's age to 38 years. Couldn't find any information about his age in internet. Perhaps someone knows how old is he?

6. Many more.

If you like this conception, feel free to give me suggestions, perhaps I'll continue posting lean version of monthly updates. But just to make it straight - I'm not as democratic as Bill - I'll never listen to ridiculous suggestions like "tick superstar look for Daniel Bryan" :)

Cheers!

Edited by Stratosfaction
  • Like 3

I like the update but I disagree that "alter egos have no purpose" in the game. Sure google is a lot better now but if I want to find say Soldier Ant but don't see him and can't find him in the game (he is under another name) it still isn't widely know who he is so google might not have the answer. I think of the Ants, only Silver Ant is fairly known who he is but that is only from a few uncredited sources.

I know that there's a similar project going right now, but for me it only proves a fact, that people got tired of very large and inaccurate update, and are looking for something more user-friendly and more concentrated on mainstream wrestling. I had several attempts to make lean version of Bill's update but was never succesfull due to the lack of time. Unfortunately, making such a thing requires you to go through 6000 records of workers, check info about them on internet, and workers section is only the beginning. 

Honestly, I consider my update as a prototype, a beta version. There is still many things to do, especially in staff section. Promotions like WWE, AAA, CMLL, TNA, even ROH, have from several to hundreads staff workers that are considered "production staff". It's impossible to reflect this in EWR by adding separate staff workers because the game was not designed to work this way. Global promotion needs only 3-4 production staff. For WWE, I already introduced the production workers representing a whole group of people (like "WWE Executive Officers"). I'm thinking of doing the same for other big promotions.

Also, AAA and CMLL seem really out of place. I believe they deserve to be national, according to their popularity in Mexico, but I changed them to cult, because national promotion requires main eventers with overness 80+. And lets say, I raise overness to low 80s for CMLL's main eventers: Atlantis, Negro Casas, Rush and so on. That would be on pair with WWE's upper midcarders like Dean Ambrose. Believe me, if Atlantis ever appeared on WWE's programming, he wouldn't generate any reaction from crowd and none would have an idea who this guy is. Even considering that Atlantis is a major draw in Mexico. So I decided to leave mexican wrestlers' overness where it was, but instead, I moved AAA and CMLL to cult level. My original plan was to make AAA and CMLL touring promotions like japanese ones, but (shame) I have no idea how to do this technically. I'm not good at programming and game's file editor does not provide such an option.

Edited by Stratosfaction

The only thing with overhauling staff like you suggest with "WWE Production Staff" is that you're going to end up with other companies eventually hiring them and it will be strange. I don't really see the problem with having more production staff than is necessary, those fired from WWE can be hired elsewhere. I'm working on an EWR Mod from scratch in similar nature, and I looked more toward the original EWR stats for inspiration.

I know that there's a similar project going right now, but for me it only proves a fact, that people got tired of very large and inaccurate update, and are looking for something more user-friendly and more concentrated on mainstream wrestling. I had several attempts to make lean version of Bill's update but was never succesfull due to the lack of time. Unfortunately, making such a thing requires you to go through 6000 records of workers, check info about them on internet, and workers section is only the beginning. 

Honestly, I consider my update as a prototype, a beta version. There is still many things to do, especially in staff section. Promotions like WWE, AAA, CMLL, TNA, even ROH, have from several to hundreads staff workers that are considered "production staff". It's impossible to reflect this in EWR by adding separate staff workers because the game was not designed to work this way. Global promotion needs only 3-4 production staff. For WWE, I already introduced the production workers representing a whole group of people (like "WWE Executive Officers"). I'm thinking of doing the same for other big promotions.

Also, AAA and CMLL seem really out of place. I believe they deserve to be national, according to their popularity in Mexico, but I changed them to cult, because national promotion requires main eventers with overness 80+. And lets say, I raise overness to low 80s for CMLL's main eventers: Atlantis, Negro Casas, Rush and so on. That would be on pair with WWE's upper midcarders like Dean Ambrose. Believe me, if Atlantis ever appeared on WWE's programming, he wouldn't generate any reaction from crowd and none would have an idea who this guy is. Even considering that Atlantis is a major draw in Mexico. So I decided to leave mexican wrestlers' overness where it was, but instead, I moved AAA and CMLL to cult level. My original plan was to make AAA and CMLL touring promotions like japanese ones, but (shame) I have no idea how to do this technically. I'm not good at programming and game's file editor does not provide such an option.

Outside of Mexico, I'd agree but remember Mexico is a playable area just as Canada is as those are the three North American nations playable in the game. The problems with the game are, one there is no distinguishable over for Mexico, America and Canada overness and the National promotions war regardless of the location (i've remembered playing TNA games where they wared with National CMLL and AAA.) Say Mike Bailey who is big in Canada, starting in Mexico and moderate in America, what stats do we give him? Do we give him his American lower-mid on the indies or midcard based on Canada and Mexico.

This is in comparison to Japan which isn't playable in the game.

The only thing with overhauling staff like you suggest with "WWE Production Staff" is that you're going to end up with other companies eventually hiring them and it will be strange. I don't really see the problem with having more production staff than is necessary, those fired from WWE can be hired elsewhere. I'm working on an EWR Mod from scratch in similar nature, and I looked more toward the original EWR stats for inspiration.

Yeah, it's a quirk in the game vs. reality. The original game had more staff than the game's designed game play maximums. Also on that matter, should we lean up rosters to game play maximums as well? I mean let's face it, NXT is trashed besides say Balor, Zayn and Joe pretty off the bat if you play anything but WWE like the staff dump. The bigger problem with Staff IMO is the whole do remove workers for staff (with WWE and TNA mostly) or keep them as non-workers because they will return to the indies?

But good on you for getting this out. Perhaps we can all collaborate efforts.

I'm all about a good teamwork. 

The only thing with overhauling staff like you suggest with "WWE Production Staff" is that you're going to end up with other companies eventually hiring them and it will be strange.

Well, you have a point. I tried to avoid other companies hiring "WWE Production  crew/ executive officers" by ticking "unsackable", but I'm aware it wouldn't work for smaller promotions if they, for example, go out of business. So, I'll reconsider this and perhaps keep this method only in WWE. However, staff section needs general overhaul - for now, there are loads of inactive announcers and referees, and there's a lack of road agents and trainers. 

The bigger problem with Staff IMO is the whole do remove workers for staff (with WWE and TNA mostly) or keep them as non-workers because they will return to the indies?

I decided to move them to staff. In lean version of an update, with relationships and tag teams sections drastically reduced, it's not much effort to add those workers back if they appear again as active wrestlers/ on air authorities participating in angles. 

In this update you have Rusev with higher charisma than Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Tyler Breeze, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, and Enzo Amore. I could keep going and going with the list but I think I'll stop there before I get banned by the higher ups....but he should be under 80; around 75 tops. He's 2 points lower than Kevin Owens for god's sake lmao. Also if Konnor has menacing checked, Viktor should have it as well.

Edited by FuZion_King

• Admin

In this update you have Rusev with higher charisma than Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Tyler Breeze, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, and Enzo Amore. I could keep going and going with the list but I think I'll stop there before I get banned by the higher ups....but he should be under 80; around 75 tops. He's 2 points lower than Kevin Owens for god's sake lmao. Also if Konnor has menacing checked, Viktor should have it as well.

Why would you be banned? Nothing wrong with posting suggestions, as long as you don't do it in a dickish way.

• Like 1

I like Bill's stats more than these personally, but I think I'm probably gonna be personally adjusting them to something more like this in the future just for personal use, maybe with a touch I find more fun (like if I'm doing WWE, I pump the hell out of diva stats to make them usable in booking. Unrealistic, sure, but this is basically fantasy booking for me.). Fun little thing and something I'll use the ideas behind to make my playing more fun, thanks.

On 10/26/2015, 3:04:43, Lineker said:

Why would you be banned? Nothing wrong with posting suggestions, as long as you don't do it in a dickish way.

If I had to guess, because he's Fusion_FX and is already banned

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Stratosfaction said:

I added a poll to the topic. I'd like to know your opinions about how NXT should be handled. Honestly, I prefer to keep it inside WWE but create a roster for it and add a TV show.

If NXT becomes a brand, I think WWN should be WWE's development territory.  Maybe put all in WWN on open contract with WWE as well.