EWR November 2015 Update - LEAN Version

On 11/27/2015, 6:03:17, mkpunk said:

Which some would be fairly fluid. Say Yoshi-Hashi for instance who was in CMLL for 2010, he left to return to CMLL and I think only did the FantasticaMania shows if anything (to be related to North America) so to add him back in should he ever do a return tour would require someone going back finding the last stats and adding him back into the game.

This line of reasoning is why Bill's updates got so bloated in the first place. It doesn't take much work to add these guys back in if you want to use them. I say delete them if they don't wrestle regularly on US soil.

Take Keiji Mutoh for example. According to Cagematch he only wrestled in 3 matches outside of Japan from 2013 to today. All these were one-off's for TNA. Should he really be in the database because of that? Let's take a random name from the list posted: Masa Takanashi. According to wrestling-data he hasn't had a match in the USA since 2011. Why should he be in there?

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 2

Some more news that I got:

Zack Sabre Jr. is taking a break from NOAH to concentrate on his UK and US dates.
Akebono, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, and Kotaro Suzuki are leaving All Japan.
And since Dragon Gate USA/WWN has been defunct since August, I recommend it be renamed to EVOLVE.

On 12/6/2015 at 07:19, Qwernst said:

Zack Sabre Jr. is taking a break from NOAH to concentrate on his UK and US dates.
And since Dragon Gate USA/WWN has been defunct since August, I recommend it be renamed to EVOLVE.

WWN Live is known as that as it is both Evolve and FIP which share mostly staff (as the workers are shared but not always their alignments.)

On 12/3/2015 at 17:00, Hellraiser said:

This line of reasoning is why Bill's updates got so bloated in the first place. It doesn't take much work to add these guys back in if you want to use them. I say delete them if they don't wrestle regularly on US soil.

Take Keiji Mutoh for example. According to Cagematch he only wrestled in 3 matches outside of Japan from 2013 to today. All these were one-off's for TNA. Should he really be in the database because of that? Let's take a random name from the list posted: Masa Takanashi. According to wrestling-data he hasn't had a match in the USA since 2011. Why should he be in there?

I'd argue that Mutoh's was rather important for TNA, plus he worked a Wrestle-1 sold show (as the president) in Virgina and a PWS show in 2012 as well.

CHIKARA trios wrestlers like Takanashi, that is a bit different.

IMO the bigger bloat was European and British wrestlers who never even worked in American promotions, eve on European tours.

46 minutes ago, mkpunk said:

I'd argue that Mutoh's was rather important for TNA, plus he worked a Wrestle-1 sold show (as the president) in Virgina and a PWS show in 2012 as well.

CHIKARA trios wrestlers like Takanashi, that is a bit different.

IMO the bigger bloat was European and British wrestlers who never even worked in American promotions, eve on European tours.

How was Mutoh important? They co-promoted a show in Japan and he did some one-off matches but IIRC he wasn't involved in any major angles during his short stint.

From what I understand the main goal with these updates is to trim the data as much as possible. If that is done we can talk about adding certain people back in on a month-to-month basis if they start to appear in the regions playable in the game more often.

I'm afraid making exceptions now will start a snowball effect in which everyone demands exceptions because their favorite UK/EU/JP wrestler was in random indy promotion no. 3548349554 for a cup of coffee. 

On 12/6/2015 at 08:19, Qwernst said:

I just read more in Akebono. Despite leaving and making his own promotion (Oudou), he likes to continue doing some freelance work with All Japan.

On 12/10/2015 at 07:54, Hellraiser said:

How was Mutoh important? They co-promoted a show in Japan and he did some one-off matches but IIRC he wasn't involved in any major angles during his short stint.

From what I understand the main goal with these updates is to trim the data as much as possible. If that is done we can talk about adding certain people back in on a month-to-month basis if they start to appear in the regions playable in the game more often.

I'm afraid making exceptions now will start a snowball effect in which everyone demands exceptions because their favorite UK/EU/JP wrestler was in random indy promotion no. 3548349554 for a cup of coffee. 

Mutoh was used initially as a McGuffin for Sanada's turn and then main evented a US ppv in Japan for a US company. I think that is enough to keep him in for now. Compare to Akebono who only sumo'd Big Show and did two DGUSA dates and that's it.

10 hours ago, Qwernst said:

Some information about Lucha Underground.
Melina was released
Jeff Cobb, Rey Mysterio, and Justin Gabriel are signed.

Jeff Cobb isn't in the game. I'd give stats but he has never been on TV for the show.

44 minutes ago, Paige Turner said:

WWN has its own training school ( World Wrestling Network Academy), so it should be added to the game. I would also make WWNs roster splits as follows:

EVOLVE
FIP
DGUSA (Even though its on hiatus, it should still be apart of the game)

I wouldn't include DGUSA as it basically dead and all titles related to Dragon Gate have been dropped. It saddens me but with the lack of Dragon Gate visas for Japanese workers, it isn't happening. I hold out hope but I doubt it will happen for a bit.

1 hour ago, mkpunk said:

Jeff Cobb isn't in the game. I'd give stats but he has never been on TV for the show.

I wouldn't include DGUSA as it basically dead and all titles related to Dragon Gate have been dropped. It saddens me but with the lack of Dragon Gate visas for Japanese workers, it isn't happening. I hold out hope but I doubt it will happen for a bit.

Here's a couple of videos with Jeff Cobb in it....

I would personally love to have Cobb in the game if you want to think up some stats for him.

On 12/12/2015 at 05:09, mkpunk said:

Mutoh was used initially as a McGuffin for Sanada's turn and then main evented a US ppv in Japan for a US company. I think that is enough to keep him in for now. Compare to Akebono who only sumo'd Big Show and did two DGUSA dates and that's it.

But he has done nothing since and looking at the current state of TNA I doubt they're going to do any big co-promotion deals with Wrestle-1 anytime soon. But at least we can agree on getting rid of Akebono.

I'd look at it in terms of plausibility - it's not a hard science, but it's conceivable that a US promotion would book Muta even though he wasn't worked in the US for a few years, as he has decades of name value in the US, as opposed to Akebono, who's a Wrestlemania trivia question.

• Like 4

On 12/18/2015 at 03:16, Skummy said:

I'd look at it in terms of plausibility - it's not a hard science, but it's conceivable that a US promotion would book Muta even though he wasn't worked in the US for a few years, as he has decades of name value in the US, as opposed to Akebono, who's a Wrestlemania trivia question.

Yeah, this is like most New Japan talent, with the New Japan working relationship with CMLL and RoH, they can easily be sent to either even after their learning excursions. They are VERY plausible to be used.

Dragon Gate wrestlers could be should they think it is a good idea to send them to WWN due to their relationship with Gabe (which I don't believe is strained.)

As for Cobb's stats, I would think this can work for him...

Brawl: 63

Speed: 64

Technical: 58

Stiffness: 55

Selling: 65

Over: 48 

Charisma: 60?

Attitude: 85

Behavior: 85

If anyone disagrees with these, I am fine with that, these are just my thoughts.

Edit: IMO Argos, Bestia 666, Black Warrior, Caristico, Charly Manson (rename to Sharly Rocker), Cibernetico, Damian 666, Golden Magic, Halloween, Heddi Karaoui, Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II and Zumbi should all be added to CMLL as they wrestle regularly on Elite shows which are partnered heavily with CMLL.

Edited by mkpunk
CMLL/Elite Clarification

• Lineker unpinned and locked this topic