Christmas Film traditions

Liam

Fuck it, @Quom started the Christmas topics, so might as well throw this up there.

Basically, what Christmas films get an airing for you every year? I'm mainly looking for some additions to my little list >_>

Me and the wife will watch:

Elf

Bad Santa

The Miracle on 34th Street (newer)

The Holiday (...don't judge us)

It's a Wonderful Life

...I think that is it. I want to make a push for Gremlins to become part of that, but meh, we'll see.

For a few years now I've always watched the Patrick Stewart version of A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve. Some others that have got some repeated play are Die Hard 1 & 2, Home Alone 1 & 2, It's a Wonderful Life, Gremlins, Miracle on 34th Street (1947 version), A Christmas Story...

I've only ever really got bored of that last one and I didn't watch it last year. Might give it another chance this year though. I actually picked up the 1994 Miracle... on BR as well so I'll be giving that a looksie. RIP Attenborough. :(

I suppose to a lesser extent there's also things like Jingle All The Way and Nightmare Before Christmas that I'll often watch as well.

• Like 1

I have a lot of TV shows rather than films.  The Twilight Zone episode Night of the Meek is a big one, and now the X-Men episode Have Yourself a Morlock Little X-Mas.

• Like 1

Home Alone 1 & 2, The Santa Clause, Jingle All the Way, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Gremlins 1 & 2, will probably be adding Muppet Christmas Carol (and any other Muppet Christmas movies) this year.

I call it the Christmas Week Rundown, where I watch a film a year 7 days before Christmas until Christmas Eve. They are:

Arthur Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Die Hard, Nightmare Before Christmas, Stalag 17, Holiday Inn and Miracle on 34th Street.

Last year, I upped the ante a bit and just tried to watch as much Christmas as possible. I watched 9 more films, which were:

A Christmas Carol, the Muppets Christmas Carol, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Love Actually, the Santa Clause, Love Actually, Jingle All the Way, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, Scrooged and Home Alone. 

I also watched a bunch of Peanut and Winnie the Pooh Christmas episodes. And the Toy Story short.

I watch a Christmas film every day in December leading up to Christmas, I'm a huge fan... I'll watch :

A Christmas Story, Four Christmases, Nightmare Before Christmas, Jingle All The Way, Elf, Deck The Halls, Scrooged, Miracle on 34th Street, Bad Santa, Fred Clause, Nativity, Nativity 2, The Grinch, Santa Clause The Movie, Love Actually, Home Alone, Home Alone 2... The rest I will change up, this is my fourth year of doing this, gets me jazzed for xmas