What game franchises need reviving?

Benji

Speaking of Star Wars, probably going a little against the ethos of the thread since this is hardly an old and decaying franchise but I want me some Force Unleashed 3. The reception to 2 especially and the way that SW games are a bit up in the air since the Disney takeover (see 3242 or whatever it was called) makes me skeptical it will happen but I'm pretty sure the first sold a shit ton so I can't imagine they've soured on the series too much. Playing with all the Jedi powers was awesome and the games looked great on last gen, can only imagine what they'd be like now. Had it's flaws but super fun.

I guess I don't know how the canning of the 'expanded universe' stuff would play into it either. Maybe if they take the same formula and just a story from one of the new movies on it, forget the Starkiller story and just call it a tie in game?

Just now, Mad Jack said:

Didn't they already do a Bully remaster?

Edit: Oh, and they seem to rerelease Pirates every two years or so...

They did do a remaster, but it was only for the Wii and 360, and the 360 version was glitchy as hell

1 hour ago, TMM said:

Star Trek: Bridge Commander. That game was great, I would love to see a further development of that game, arguably it's the closest to a "true" Star Trek game there has ever been.

I loved that game, it became ridiulously hard at the end but it was the only game that really made you feel like a captain of your own starship. There really need to be more games that 'simulate' being a single starship.

Another game I want is a new 'Chrono' game, Chrono Trigger and Cross were pieces of art, yet we are still waiting for a third game in the series.

I was gonna say there was that 'spiritual successor' kickstarter for Sensible Soccer (Sociable Soccer!) but that is apparently dead already.

And speaking of crowd funding and the oft mentioned in this thread Road Rash, wasn't that meant to be a thing too?

8 minutes ago, Halloween Burger KingEllis said:

I was gonna say there was that 'spiritual successor' kickstarter for Sensible Soccer (Sociable Soccer!) but that is apparently dead already.

And speaking of crowd funding and the oft mentioned in this thread Road Rash, wasn't that meant to be a thing too?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/300380/?l=dutch

Road Redemption is the spiritual successor to Road Rash, it's not a perfect game, but it's pretty fun.