Formula One 2016

JasonM

Lol, Hamilton is out again. Power unit failure, which could mean another big change which will mean more penalties now...and Hamilton could be in a lot of trouble later in the year if they're going through so many power units now.

Another interesting point: Rosberg had the lion's share of reliability issues last year at Merc. They swapped Rosberg and Hamilton's engineers around this year...

• Like 2

Can't say i'm dissapointed to see Hamilton have issues again. And I think he'll still be in for a podium spot despite starting 10th (or lower, depending on potential penalties).

With Vettel dropping five spots from the gearbox change, this makes it a Finnish Starting 3, with Rosberg, Bottas, and Raikkonen. But again, I don't see anyone challenging Rosberg unless something happens to his car because that Merc is just too damn fast.

13 minutes ago, Katsuya loves Oslo said:

Red Bull have demoted Kvyat to Toro Rosso and Max will be in the Red Bull for the rest of the season.

Me thinks Seb got in Horner's ear

39 minutes ago, Katsuya loves Oslo said:

Or Ferrari got in Max's and Red Bull have had to respond.

Why not both?

Anyways, this is yuge news. This is the first time ever where Red Bull has done an in-season swap of drivers between their two respective teams. Also, this muse be a fucking throat punch for Kvyat's F1 dreams, because nobody wants to touch him with a ten foot pole now. He's damaged goods.

Needless to say, as a Dutchman I am absolutely HYPE!

• Like 1

TBF, Perez did just fine bouncing back from the McLaren fiasco in the end.

I think that Kvyat has a *chance*, maybe, with Haas or Renault further down the line. If he can outperform Sainz and Max doesn't manage well against Ricciardo, then I'd say it'll make him look a bit better. Seems to be a lot of people who think it's quite unfair on Kvyat too (which it is), so I wouldn't rule him completely damaged goods yet.

• 2 weeks later...

It's really surreal to see Verstappen do so well, since as a Dutchman i'm conditioned to know we Dutch are shit at motorsports and will never have a successful driver.

Now you have an 18 year old kid who has driven less than four hours in the Red Bull car, and he comes in fourth in the qualification, beating out his teammate in all but the final quali sessions, and beating the Ferrari's and all but his teammate and the Mercedes'.

As a dutchman it's insane, and as a racing fan it's even more insane. He has no right to be this good already, he has no right to adjust to a new car so quickly. Every time former drivers and experts talk about him, they liken him to Senna and Schumacher, and every single time he does something like this I believe it a little bit more.

Brundle told something about how Schumi came into the sport, where he drove for Jordan F1 once before jumping up into the top flight Benneton car and never looked like he was out of his elements or needed some time to adjust, it just worked immediately, and Max Verstappen showed that very same adjustment period as a guy like Schumacher.

And whilst this doesn't mean Max is a future seven time world champion, it does pose the question to how high his sealing lies, because by his standards he is inexperienced and could use more growth, whilst for other standards he's already a great driver... 

What a start.

Right after Mercedes announce that both drivers are staying on, and then they wreck.

Verstappen could realistically win his first race here