Antecedently, in the Fargo thread...

Benji

Yeah, this season was basically mostly so-so buildup for really, really good payoff. I'm delighted, and finally broke my long run of not doing theme names in honor of it.

• Like 2

Finished binging this show early last week and wow, incredible. I usually don't watch a lot of TV but the first few minutes of the pilot convinced me that this was right up my alley. A shoutout to Zan's mafia game for making me aware of this show.

• Like 2

I think my feeling on that one was "oh, this is objectively good and also I didn't enjoy it." It's clearly a good evocation of the No Country For Old Men/A Serious Man types of Coen Brothers endings but I don't think I want those in a story that runs over ten hours as opposed to the two to 2.5 hours the movies run.

Spoiler

I think if you have Molly Solversson and, say, Lorne Malvo or Lester Nygaard in the place where Gloria Burgle and V.M. Varga are, I don't care as much. But Varga is so irredeemably awful and disgusting that not getting true, genuine comeuppance for him in the way every other Fargo villain has gotten in one form or another and getting the Schrodinger's Cat ending instead just drove me nuts, particularly after Llewellyn Moss'ing Nikki twenty minutes prior.

EDIT: also for posterity's sake, I changed the thread title because "don'tcha know" seems to be the one Midwesternism the show pretty much eschewed. SORRY BENJI (though I dunno if you read this thread anymore anyway)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Fargo season 4's premiere date has been set for September 27th, after being delayed like half a year due to the last couple weeks of shooting running up against the pandemic. @livid, I hope you've started your watchthrough!

• Like 3