Antecedently, in the Fargo thread...

Benji

42 minutes ago, Ruki said:

What?

Hidden Content

Heh, I think it's just his reaction to the fact that Season 2 was announced as such and there was a decent amount of focus put on 'this is what it's going to be about' but if you weren't watching Season 1 at the time or just weren't seeing any of the news regarding the series, you may have missed that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Holy crap! 

Hidden Content

Bless your heart.

Spoiler

Also, Hanzee, post-facial reconstruction surgery and 25 years later, is the Fargo mob boss who employs Mr. Numbers and Mr. Wrench, who we see in Hanzee's final scene as kids.

I really liked it. It was an HBO finale; the major action happens in the penultimate episode, and the finale is about picking up the pieces and moving on. I hope season 4 is a mid-to-late '80s one focused on Mike Milligan.

• Like 1

Noah Hawley on why season 3 being set in 2010 appeals to him, and some indications towards Charlie Gerhardt's fate.

No characters from season 1 are going to be main characters in season 3, though he doesn't rule out appearances.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Noah Hawley on why season 3 being set in 2010 appeals to him, and some indications towards Charlie Gerhardt's fate.

No characters from season 1 are going to be main characters in season 3, though he doesn't rule out appearances.

Good, I love the anthology feel, and I think that whilst it's nice to have some connectors like they did with the movie, everything should remain self-contained for the stories themselves.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally caught up after bingewatching the whole series in two weeks, something we never do but this was such a good show to do it with. I agree on the sentiment that the 9th episode was stronger than the finale, but both were excellent. Brilliant all round but my highlights were:

What can only be described as 'the Nick Offerman episode', to the extent that he even got mid credits bits. The whole episode in the cabin was amazing, Kirsten Dunst was great then in particular. Aliens. Ruddy aliens.

• Like 2

Further proof that the Golden Globes, and all award shows really, are fucking terrible: Not only that Tom Hardy was completely snubbed for Revenant, but Kirsten Dunst was so fucking good in this, you guys. So fucking good. She should've won it all.

13 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

all about that sweet, sweet media attention. Sometimes it results in fun shit, sometimes it results in Lady Gaga beating Peggy motherfucking Blumquist.

I don't understand why people pay attention to these big awards ceremonies in this day and age. Everyone knows how much of a show they are at this point.

I like awards shows (or, the Oscars and sort of the Globes). Their appeal is a lot like WWE, really; it's all pageantry and it's easy to joke about things being bad but when someone you want to win wins it's the absolute best. You're there for the individual moments that make up for the whole.

It's just also worth remembering at all times the things that skew the results so you don't get caught up in thinking it's a meritocracy, that's all.

• Like 1