Better Call Saul

Sousa

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

Hidden Content

Spoiler

I don't think he's thinking of Mike as anything more than just some ex-cop living in a shitty place, working a shitty job, driving a shitty car. Obviously, it's gonna take more than that; it's gonna be interesting to see where it ends up at because obviously Tuco doesn't serve that full sentence.

Loved this episode with all my heart. Good use of Kim, best use of Chuck since the face-off with Jimmy at the end of season 1. Starting to enjoy the ensemble as a whole more than I might have on other weeks.

EDIT: Oh, and it's been renewed for season 3 because of course.

EDIT II: ahahaha, holy shit:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't think he's thinking of Mike as anything more than just some ex-cop living in a shitty place, working a shitty job, driving a shitty car. Obviously, it's gonna take more than that; it's gonna be interesting to see where it ends up at because obviously Tuco doesn't serve that full sentence.

EDIT II: ahahaha, holy shit:

...I don't get it. Could you please explain that to me?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw this on Reddit, dunno if it's really a spoiler but I'm spoilering it anyway. Episode title related.

Fifi

Rebecca

Inflatable

Nailed

Gloves Off

Switch

Bali Ha'i

Amarillo

Cobbler

Klick

Although given that those have been rearranged to get that, and aren't episode titles in order I'm gonna just assume it's a happy accident.

On 4/12/2016 at 07:00, Hellraiser said:

Of course the driver knows something Mike! He saw your car!

HOLY SHIT I didn't saw what happaned in the final scene coming! :crying:

Pretty sure that was just a junker he got specifically for that, because Mike's car isn't blue.

Also, Ernesto and Omar are probably my favorite minor recurring characters.

Felt the same way @M. Harry C-MILac did - at first I was all "oh this is some great revenge", and by the end of the episode I felt awful.

Spoiler

Jimmy just standing in the shadows whispering "Call 911, c'mon.. call 911.." was heartbreaking. 

Finally caught up on this show!

One of the reasons I love this show is that the writing is so good that you feel sympathetic for the antagonists, especially Chuck. I also kind of love that Jimmy and Chuck are the inverse of each other; Jimmy is a professional sleazeball, but he's got a good heart and you can tell he really does care about Chuck and the people around him. Chuck, however, while being morally upstanding and a by-the-books lawyer is just as much of a conniving schemer as Jimmy. He just thinks he's justified in being one. I think it was Chuck who had given Jimmy a speech this season (maybe last) about how the ends don't justify the means too.
Episode-specific season finale stuff:

Spoiler

So someone's following Mike. Hm. That's pretty curious. My first guess was maybe the cousins had figured out what he was doing, but the fact that Mike isn't dead throws dirt on that theory. :shifty:

The final scene is a testament to what I said about Chuck being just as much of a conniving schemer. He wasn't at all actually going to wall-to-wall paper his home in that stuff, nor was he going to retire, it was all a setup to collect evidence to try and get Jimmy disbarred. I think that's a huge turning point for both characters; it's going to have huge personal and professional ramifications for Jimmy, and it pushes Chuck further as an antagonist. We may have been sympathetic to Chuck before (ok, well, just me?), but this kind of stunt makes it harder and harder to have any sort of sympathy for him.

Also, how many episodes ago was it that Jimmy was begging Chuck to stoop to his level, to "roll around in the dirt" with him? And now Chuck has. Jimmy won. He got Chuck to stoop to his level.

• Like 5

God, I really do not like Chuck. It's weird, like really, he's basically in the right, but the way he goes about everything is just so shitty.

Like this entire elaborate plan he'd concocted here actively relied on preying on how much Jimmy cares for and loves him. I mean he already had this plot in motion in his mind just five minutes after coming home from the hospital, so while he's even talking to Jimmy after being brought home, and being shown how much Jimmy cares for him that he keeps repeatedly coming back to help him even after finding out Chuck was screwing him over last season, all because he can't help but love his brother, the whole time Chuck is just coming up with this plan to actively exploit that in an attempt to destroy Jimmy.

WANKER.

I'm going to just enjoy watching this back now.

HHhpwqK.gif

Also:

Apparently on the Talking Saul thing Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould confirmed the "FRINGSBACK" anagram from the episode titles was correct.

• Like 3