Better Call Saul

Sousa

9 hours ago, EndOfAnEra said:

The only thing I can think of with Mike 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I would say that's almost outright confirmed by word of god in the subsequent interviews. Whether it was someone we know like Tyrus, someone new, or maaaaaybe Gus himself, this is definitely the introduction of the Fring organization into the show. Absolutely fascinated to see what that entails.

And Chuck is so fucking great. Like any awesome antagonist, he's just right enough that he's not too right, and his lack of tolerance for moral grey areas means he'll never get there. Alan Sepinwall summed up the relationship between the brothers perfectly in his latest review; Jimmy is trying to protect his brother from the world, and Chuck is trying to protect the world from his brother.

• Like 4

Speaking of that, Vince Gilligan confirmed a theory on Talking Saul:

Spoiler

the first letter of each episode title is, intentionally, an anagram for "Frings back". 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2016 at 03:36, Cloudy said:

Speaking of that, Vince Gilligan confirmed a theory on Talking Saul:

Hide contents

the first letter of each episode title is, intentionally, an anagram for "Frings back". 

Spoiler

Guess who's back, back again. Gus back, kill some men

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

So what is Chuck's endgame here? He plays it to his assistant. What was the point of that? Who is his assistent supposed to talk to about the tape? And he hasn't even heard the whole thing. is there something I'm forgetting?

And what was the paper that Kim kept changing all about? I assume it has to do with the Sandpiper Crossing case? What is it that she couldn't make her mind up about?

Edited by Hellraiser

Wasn't it just that she kept changing from semi-colon to hyphens and stuff? I just took it as a way of showing how much she's paranoid about getting everything right.

Initially I just assumed Chuck genuinely didn't mean for the tape to just start playing, but then he's not an idiot, so I started thinking he was hoping for Ernesto to tell Jimmy so he could catch Jimmy trying to break in to steal the tape or something.

6 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Hide contents

Initially I just assumed Chuck genuinely didn't mean for the tape to just start playing, but then he's not an idiot, so I started thinking he was hoping for Ernesto to tell Jimmy so he could catch Jimmy trying to break in to steal the tape or something.

Spoiler

Yeah, that's exactly what I think the point is. He knows Ernesto likes Jimmy.

Yeah, at one point for a second or two it showed the document title and it was "Mesa Verde" something-or-other. 

Was that the same junkyard used for meet-ups in Breaking Bad?

Spiolers for the last episode

Spoiler

Goddammit Jimmy! You did exactly what he wanted you to do you idiot! You just met Mike that very same day. Why couldn't you just keep calm and call him to ask for a favor? Or even better, not do anything at all? Why didn't it occur to you that Chuck was trying to force you hand?

Edited by Hellraiser

Finally, the return of an all-time classic Breaking Bad character. Welcome back...

Spoiler

Francesca. I can't wait to see how she goes from this sweet, eager-to-please lady to the jaded, bitter version of herself in BB.

• Like 6

Spoiler

So my guess for how this will play out is that Jimmy will be arrested, he will go to trail, to get out of this he will go back to his Slippin' Jimmy ways, he'll probably get Mike involved somehow, Jimmy and Kim will break up in the process and then he'll change his name because he doesn't want to be process with his brother anymore. Maybe he'll get involved with Gus through Mike along the way. So I think that by the end of the Season Jimmy McGill will have completed his transformation into the Saul Goodman we all know and love.