Better Call Saul

Sousa

While the epiisode wasn't that good compared to the others I'm happy that we'll finally get to see more from Mike in the coming episode. Am I right in assuming that he will somehow end up with Saul as his lawyer?

They pretty much showed Mike sliding the cops Saul's business card, and then talking to him about the case. I think it's fair to say Saul will be Mike's lawyer, for whatever this is about. That's one thing I'm not clear on.

I think there's a good chance of that.

Also anyone else think that retirement home was also the one that Hector ends up in? I doubt there will be any significance to that but if it was it's pretty cool.

I saw it on Reddit that it's the same retirement home. The hospital was also featured in BB.

I quite liked this week, it was an interesting change of pace, and I'm really interested in Chuck and just what has caused him to be like he is. Glad Mike is getting slowly brought into play, because he and Saul/Jimmy have such great chemistry it's unreal. I love that whilst things are clearly being set up, I'm honestly not sure what they're being set up to.

• Like 1

Jesus, It'll take a wonder for Saul to get Mike out if this.

Mike's son's wife will talk to the cops, won't she? She isn't the kind of person to keep a secret like this. She may agree to keep it but sooner or later she'll break. And I take it the bullet one of the two cops shot Mike with is still in his shoulder. There wasn't an exit wound, right? And the gun he picked up before he left, that was his and not the one the cop shot him with. So they probably know that the cop shot at someone. They probably also found the other bullet (the one shot that missed Mike) ass well . So they'll put two and two together and next week could be about the cops trying to get to Mike through daughter-in-law and the cops trying to get the bullet in his shoulder. And I don't see how 2002 Saul could help Mike to get away with that.

I mean, we obviously know that in the end it will work out somehow since if it wouldn't Mike is never going to appear in Breaking Bad. I'm just really looking forward to find out what kind of curve ball they'll be throwing us next week.

Edited by Hellraiser

I don't really see how we could say one way or the other what kind of person Mike's sons wife is at this point.

We only saw her for a total of like five minutes and she only ever spoke about Matt, so I could just as easily see her staying quiet because Mike killed the two people who killed her husband for pretty much nothing.

I mean,

Didn't she also say at one point that she wanted to see Matt's killers dead, essentially? The vibe I got was that she didn't want justice so much so as revenge and to see the people who killed Matt dead. And with what Mike did, she got that. And now she can rest easy in the knowledge that his killers aren't still out there, walking free.

I mean,

Didn't she also say at one point that she wanted to see Matt's killers dead, essentially? The vibe I got was that she didn't want justice so much so as revenge and to see the people who killed Matt dead. And with what Mike did, she got that. And now she can rest easy in the knowledge that his killers aren't still out there, walking free.

She appears briefly in Breaking Bad (different actress, same character) when Mike drops his granddaughter off at her house, and they seemed to be on good terms, so we know that any potential problems they might have will be sorted out before the Breaking Bad timeline. I'm sure Mike's "Can you live with it?" line will spark a period of internal conflict as she tries to come to terms with what happened, much like Skylar in Breaking Bad, but I ultimately see her sticking by Mike and possibly trying to help him deflect away all the police attention.

Okay, let's say she doesn't give Mike up. I still think the cops have the gun Mike was shot with (he only picked up his own gun, didn't he?) and know that it was fired twice but only found on bullet at the crime scene. And we never saw an exit wound so for all we know the bullet might still be in Mike's shoulder.

All I have to say about the last episode is it is literally all I wanted from this show. Expand on these characters I love and not have to piggy back on Breaking Bad, but compliment it.

Here's hoping for some Gus back story next season.

Well, we got a part of it. He was still presented as a pretty mysterious character with an equally mysterious background.

Yes he is. And personally I don't need to know more about him. They told us just enough about him so that we had a modicum of understanding as to how his mind works and why he does what he does. Anything more would've killed the suspense about him. I get that they are probably going to establish how Saul came to know Gus but I really hope that they don't go beyond that.

I hate the need to explain everything and everyone. Why can't some characters simply remain enigmatic? To give you some more examples, why did the writers of the Halloween movies feel like they always need to explain why Michael Myers kills? I found him much more threatening when he just was a kid that went off the deep end one day with no explanation. Neither the Thorn curse from Halloween 4 through 6 nor the more plausible broken home scenario from the Rob Zombie reboots managed to live up to Michael. Especially former one reduced him from a force of nature to a common psycho. I'll also never understand why anyone would want to read or watch a Hannibal Lecter origin story.

Edited by Hellraiser

Well I wasn't saying we need to see Gus backstory fleshed out or that I wanted it, I like that he's mysterious with some sketchy off the grid background. I'm just saying that if they WERE to go there, there is obviously still room there to do so. I can't see them doing that though.