Better Call Saul

Sousa

Well, we got a part of it. He was still presented as a pretty mysterious character with an equally mysterious background.

Yes he is. And personally I don't need to know more about him. They told us just enough about him so that we had a modicum of understanding as to how his mind works and why he does what he does. Anything more would've killed the suspense about him. I get that they are probably going to establish how Saul came to know Gus but I really hope that they don't go beyond that.

Saul never knew Gus. He knew a guy who knew a guy. Mike worked for Gus. I don't see the problem with getting a better glimpse into his past. That's what Better Call Saul is all about. We're exploring Saul's life as well as Mikes life. Judging by the incredible episode based on Mike, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want more of that.

Well, we got a part of it. He was still presented as a pretty mysterious character with an equally mysterious background.

Yes he is. And personally I don't need to know more about him. They told us just enough about him so that we had a modicum of understanding as to how his mind works and why he does what he does. Anything more would've killed the suspense about him. I get that they are probably going to establish how Saul came to know Gus but I really hope that they don't go beyond that.

Saul never knew Gus. He knew a guy who knew a guy. Mike worked for Gus. I don't see the problem with getting a better glimpse into his past. That's what Better Call Saul is all about. We're exploring Saul's life as well as Mikes life. Judging by the incredible episode based on Mike, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want more of that.

Okay, then I misremembered that detail.

And that episode about Mike was great. Mike's character is integral to Saul's story so they had to tell his storie and how it relates to Mike's and Saul's relationship and I'm happy they did. It was a great moment. But I simply don't want to know more about Gus. I'm sue that they would do a good job but I feel certain characters just need to be enigmatic and Gus is one of those. I don't care about his backstory. I already know enough about him. I stand by my point. Tell us how Mike got to know Gus but don't go beyond that.

I have a feeling Kim is going to fuck Saul next week. And not literally. :(

Really? I see Chuck pulling the heel turn.

Just gauging by the how hesitant she was when Jimmy told her about it initially, and she stands more to gain from helping out Hamlin over Jimmy than Chuck does.

I think the flashback scene at the beginning might have been indicative that Chuck, who seemed hesitant to praise Jimmy when he found out he'd become a certified lawyer, could be set to leave Jimmy in the dust. As Kim mentioned, Chuck is contractually bound to HHM for large cases, and I feel as though the ending of the episode will be the catalyst for him to believe that he's overcome his 'illness' to the extent that he's on the road to being able to head back to work. If it ends up being a choice between HHM and Jimmy, it seems like the Gilligan-esque move to have him pick career and personal ego over family.

Again, at the beginning of the episode, we saw another source from which Jimmy's resentment of Hamlin stems, and it would be a resounding gut-punch for Jimmy if his own brother were to not only rob him of a huge case, but also of a chance to bond with the older brother he looks up to, all at the hands of a man who has screwed him over at every turn. That, couple with the scene in which he was underpaid by the elderly woman, seems like a decent sign that this is where Jimmy loses faith in the honest legitimacy of law practice that he's generally been struggling to stick to and starts to lapse into the shady goings-on we see him delving into in Breaking Bad.

Yeah, I'm 100% sure them printing out the stuff and billing Chuck is going to come back and bite Chuck in the ass. Hadn't occurred to me that he could take the case back to Hamlin though, that's arguably even more tragic.

As much as I agree with "fuck Chuck", at least we're now moving towards Saul coming to life. I kinda hope this isn't just the turning point though, I'd like to see him take the case to another law firm and fuck over HHM.