Gonzo Picture Packs

I've been working on this forever.   Over a year ago I had finally cleaned up all my pictures and shared a "beta" pack with you folks with the intention to make regular updates and give back to this wonderful community.   Like a week later my computer crashed and took the backup with it and most everything I had, including the TEW stuff, was gone.   Other stuff took priority but over the last year+ I've been slowly putting my pack back together.  I finally have what I think is a pretty complete-ish pack.  5500+ workers are covered in here, almost everyone you'd find in any of the mods around here.  Over 11,000 images.   2.56 GB expanded/1.5 GB compressed and growing.   This is the definition of "bloated" so if you don't want that, don't bother.  The file is huge and my individual pictures are larger than TheWho's or others for whatever reason.   But if you're looking for someone you can't find or want a massive file like I do and don't mind the memory usage and load times, this may be your pack.

I plan to tinker, update and add as I go.  I'm also planning other projects like Free Pictures, celebrities, and the other files.  Right now its just the main workers though.   Please feel free to critique, point out mistakes or duplicates or whatever, or whatever.   You can make requests if you'd like but I probably won't fill them individually like in the request thread but rather just include them in my next update pack.   So if you want one of those quick response things go to the right thread.

A few things about navigating my pack.

• This is my personal pack so there may be a few things off about it because its the way I'm playing it.  Names or looks not quite update or common.   Ask if you need help but there should be options.  But since its my own pack I probably won't change the main image of a wrestler or name if its how I use it in my personal pack.  Sorry.
  • The names I use are generally what I think the worker would/could use if they worked anywhere.  So a lot of WWE wrestlers are under their real names or commonly used indie names because if they were released from WWE they wouldn't be able to use their names (most of the time, obviously folks like Randy Orton or John Cena are the exception).   Sometimes this will be easy to figure out using a real name or common alias.  Triple H is "Paul Levesque", The Big Show is "Paul Wight", Kevin Owens is "Kevin Steen", Adrian Neville is "PAC", etc, etc.   Sometimes the name will be more of a gut call/personal preference on my part.  AJ Lee is "AJ" in my database because its a name I think she could legally use (her legal name is April Jeanette), her old indy name (Miss April) is outdated, and the "April Brooks" married name used in many databases is kind of relationship/time period specific.  The Miz is “The Miz” because my gut says he’d have a legal basis to the name if he left WWE.  The whole concept is “If X left WWE and signed with TNA/ROH what would they be called?”  When in doubt, if you can't find someone just ask.  
  • I have a few pictures marked with "+" before them.  These are generally non-people or masked identities that were used by multiple people.  Kind of an easy, quick place to find stuff like that if I didn't assign them to an actual worker but you might want to use them.
  • There are some pictures with a "~" before them.  These are my "Free Pictures."  Right now its just about 50 referee pictures but I'm working on adding more.  When I've got a decent sized number I'll release a "Free Pictures" pack with a database you can import them from.  For now you just have the ones I've already done that are in my big pack.
  • There will probably be a few duplicates or off names in there because I made a mistake copying an old and up to date version of the pack.   Like I said, if you spot something I'd appreciate you pointing it out.  I also sometimes screw up and have the same person under two names.  So if you see it feel free to let me know.  
  • There some title pictures in there, but not a ton.   I'm willing to do them and eventually I'll probably make a concentrated effort.  There's more TNA than WWE because I generally play as TNA.  But feel free to request and I'll add them as I can.  They're names as "First LastPromotionTitle", so "John CenaWWEUS".
  • There's a bunch of random celebrities in there.  Most of them are people tangentially related to wresting.  People who have appeared, are notable big fans, or are connected to wrestlers.   There's also some relatives of wrestlers in there who aren't in the business.  Sons, daughters, spouses, siblings.  Just random people I've come across or thought of who I feel are connected enough to logically use in a game/database.  
  • There's a few "combo"pictures of couples just in case you wanted to use them.  Look for something like "Mike BennettnMaria Kannellis" or "The MiznMaryse Ouellet".   Just random things.

Ok that's enough.  Here's the pack.  Let me know what you think and I hope you all enjoy and can make use of this.  I've taken some much from this great community over the years I hope I'm giving a little bit back.  All feedback - positive, negative, helpful, or whatever - is welcome. 

http://www.filedropper.com/151223gonzopeople

I'm not really sure where to host it since its so big so MediaFire can't handle it.  This is the first hosting service I could find that could allow the huge size for free but if anyone knows a better option let me know.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Edited by galacticgonzo
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2016 at 00:56, Phil1989Singleton said:

It's strange it allows me to download it but when I try and open the file it says "can't open file as archive". Any suggestions?

I'm not sure.   It should be a simple zip and then you just have to open it.  I've done it a couple of times with no problem so maybe try redownloading?  Maybe the download just went wrong?

4 minutes ago, Oakesy said:

Fantastic pack.

I have a small problem though, I have put them in the People folder for my TEW 05 game and quite a few WWE wrestlers aren't showing. Mostly the more important ones, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose.

Any ideas?

For most of those its probably just a Real Name/WWE Name thing.   Daniel Bryan is "Bryan Danielson", Dolph Ziggler is "Nick Nemeth", and Dean Ambrose is "Jon Moxley" in my database.

John Cena should be "John Cena" though, so I'm not sure what's wrong there.  If the file is in the folder I'm guessing its a format thing like your database has it set to "John_Cena" or something.  If you do a "Mass Edit" you can set them all to "First Last" and that should set all the people using their real/main names like Cena, Orton, or the McMahons.   But you'd have to go through and set the ones using WWE owned names.  Sorry.  That's just how I run by database where everyone's base name is what they "own."

Edited by galacticgonzo

1 minute ago, galacticgonzo said:

I'm not sure.   It should be a simple zip and then you just have to open it.  I've done it a couple of times with no problem so maybe try redownloading?  Maybe the download just went wrong?

For most of those its probably just a Real Name/WWE Name thing.   Daniel Bryan is "Bryan Danielson", Dolph Ziggler is "Nick Nemeth", and Dean Ambrose is "Jon Moxley" in my database.

John Cena should be "John Cena" though, so I'm not sure what's wrong there.  If the file is in the folder I'm guessing its a format thing like your database has it set to "John_Cena" or something.

So, I should name them by their WWE names? No underscores or anything?

2 minutes ago, Oakesy said:

So, I should name them by their WWE names? No underscores or anything?

It depends on how your database was set up.  Yeah, if your "Daniel Bryan" is set up to link to "Daniel Bryan.jpg" then you just need to change the name of the file.   But if its set to "Daniel_Bryan.jpg" or "DanielBryan.jpg" you'll still have to change the picture on the profile.   

If you set up the database yourself or know how the original pictures were named you can just change the files but it might end up being more laborious than that if things are more random.

Edited by galacticgonzo

Not really.   The easiest solution (if you're using TEW) is probably to go into the editor and do a "Mass Edit" changing the names to "First Last."   Then you can just change whichever files need to be changed but you'll know what to expect that way.   

If its a EWR database then its probably "First_Last" but its been awhile since I used that so I'm not sure.  In which case you might be able to just batch rename all the files by "Replacing" every " " (a space) with "_" (an underscore).

Sorry for the hassle but its its the unavoidable part of this since the picture pack is linked to my database and not the countless others.

Edited by galacticgonzo

4 minutes ago, galacticgonzo said:

Not really.   The easiest solution (if you're using TEW) is probably to go into the editor and do a "Mass Edit" changing the names to "First Last."   Then you can just change whichever files need to be changed but you'll know what to expect that way.   

If its a EWR database then its probably "First_Last" but its been awhile since I used that so I'm not sure.  In which case you might be able to just batch rename all the files by "Replacing" every " " (a space) with "_" (an underscore).

Sorry for the hassle but its its the unavoidable part of this since the picture pack is linked to my database and not the countless others.

Okay, thanks for your help. I will have a go :)

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it happens sometimes when I copy and pasted some of those europeon names that have different symbols.  When I notice it I replace them but there's probably a few in there, especially since that's my pack from December and not the changes I've made to it since.

I'll upload an updated pack and a smaller "expansion" pack of what I've cut since December soon.  Just finishing up a project.  

• 1 month later...
On 3.03.2016 at 03:36, kdcastles said:

Hey Gonzo, could you re-upload your pack? I'm being redirected to the file dropper main page when I click the link in the first post of the thread

I've got the same here. Can you do it one more time? Maybe think about diffrent site. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a place that can hold the large size of the file.  I'll upload something by the end of the week.  I've also got a ton of new cuts so I'll do an updated mega pack and just a smaller "update" pack for anyone who downloaded the first one.  Just gotta find the time and place since that site seems to not be reliable.