Undertale

Ruki

I was just going to post this in the general gaming thread or the steam thread, but I just beat my first playthrough of the game and I needed to give this game it's own thread.

Spoiler

a) holy crap, that last boss fight was a pain. Had to go back and buy items since I was out

b) THEN FLOWEY SHOWS UP AND IS LIKE "YOU HAVEN'T LEARNED ANYTHING" and then crashes the game? That is fantastic. I panicked and thought it was a real crash...but nope! Feature. Loved that.

The music, the characters, the 'combat' (while difficult at times, because I suck at Bullet-Hell type games), the story..this is just such an amazing game!

My first playthrough I:

Spoiler

Was planning on going pacifist. Except I couldn't figure out how to get by Toriel...so by accident I killed her. Didn't kill anyone else though! Except Flowey. Because fuck that guy. Thinking of doing the genocide ending next.

This is actually a game that has made me excited to go back through the game a different way.

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

My first playthrough I:

Hidden Content

Spoiler

You technically can't do pacifist your first playthrough since even if you fulfill all the requirements, it won't trigger unless you've beaten the game at least once. Although you can reload your save in order to avoid having to do the whole thing again.

Pretty much everyone kills Toriel the first time, either by accident or because they can't figure out how to do it. You should definitely do pacifist before genocide though.

There are going to be a lot of spoiler tags in this thread aren't there.

It is a great game, 9to5. Not the greatest game ever, but a really fun and cool game to play. Go into with expectations you will play a quirky and fun RPG. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

@the evil oversans, why should I go pacifist over genocide next?

General consensus in the fandom is that it's a more natural story progression, in terms of the stuff you learn in each. Also some of the boss battles in genocide are really frustratingly difficult, which isn't the case in pacifist.

1 hour ago, the evil oversans said:

General consensus in the fandom is that it's a more natural story progression, in terms of the stuff you learn in each. Also some of the boss battles in genocide are really frustratingly difficult, which isn't the case in pacifist.

Really? Huh, maybe I will do pacifist then!

12 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

I was interested in this, but TEOL keeps whoring it out and now I don't think it can match the hype.

In short, fuck TEOL. >_>

Pfft, if I'd wanted you to play it I'd have bought it for you.

11 minutes ago, Ruki said:

You can give her Spider Cider and ignore the fight!? Her fight was a pain!

Yep, or any other item bought from a spider bake sale. You can also use the Stick to get any dog enemy to spare you immediately.