Random Music Thoughts

Benji

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Apparently so. I tried signing in with my e-mail address and cause it is connected to a now deactivated FB account it wouldn't let me use it, and I ain't creating a new e-mail nor going back to the shit show that is Facebook just for Spotify. GPM is fine anyway, I just liked the idea of shared EWB playlists so we could explore new music together in a cool way.

I love that idea also. That's weird about facebook because I can't remember linking the two ever. 

Pretty sure they've been optionally linked for a while. It could just be that when I first signed up for the trial years ago that I signed in via FB for convenience, and now it just won't let me use that e-mail again without signing in via FB.

Like I say, too much malarkey for me to bother.

Fire off a message to their team and see if you can get it un-linked that way.

I switch between the two quite a bit, but ultimately I think that Spotify really beats out GPM in terms of usability. There's just one thing that really bothers me and that is how Google Play Music allows you to edit the music tags. It really bugs me that Spotify puts up whatever they're sent in terms of tagging data and refuses to change any mistakes. Sometimes albums got uploaded with producers next to the band name, sometimes you have an ugly (Remastered) line next to the album title or others you have songs mislabeled ('You Told The Drunks I Knew Karate' is 'You Told The Drunls I Knew Karate' which makes Last.fm integration pointless).

I love the generated playlists and the community aspect of it.

A bunch of soundtracks for classic Sega games are on Spotify

Of the new material, there are three multi-volume collections that standout. First and foremost is the Out Run Original Soundtrack, which brings together music from the original 1986 racing game and its various sequels, including all-time great jams, like “Passing Breeze.” Also added were over 50 songs from the beloved Sega Saturn game Nights Into Dreams and its sequel, Journey Into Dreams, as well as a collection of music from the first two Fantasy Zone games and their various incarnations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't like it when I hear a new to me song and find out it's by a band I don't like. It's not "oh no can't be a fan of them", it's more "oh a cool ad exciting new song and exciting new band to check out. Oh wait, it's actually by the White Stripes and I already know about the rest of their mediocrity". So i feel cheated out of hearing a new band.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2017 at 15:24, VerbalPuke said:

I don't like it when I hear a new to me song and find out it's by a band I don't like. It's not "oh no can't be a fan of them", it's more "oh a cool ad exciting new song and exciting new band to check out. Oh wait, it's actually by the White Stripes and I already know about the rest of their mediocrity". So i feel cheated out of hearing a new band.

I feel like that's better than hearing a song you like and finding out the rest of the band's songs suck through wasting your time listening to them though.

Found out today that the founding members of Metro Station met on the set of Hannah Montana, because they both had siblings in the show (including Miley Cyrus). Amuses me for some reason. They also aren't actually as shit as I remember them being. 

On 21/04/2017 at 19:35, Cymbols said:

Found out today that the founding members of Metro Station met on the set of Hannah Montana, because they both had siblings in the show (including Miley Cyrus). Amuses me for some reason. They also aren't actually as shit as I remember them being. 

23 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Wait no they still are. 

You had me worried there but recovered.