Random Music Thoughts

Benji

http://obscurifymusic.com/ tells you your all-time top 50 most listened to bands and tracks. I opened my account in 2014 from what I can gather because stuff released that year factors in quite heavily for some reason.

MY TOP TEN BANDS: 1. Manic Street Preachers; 2. Foo Fighters; 3. Weezer; 4. Muse; 5. Feeder; 6. REM; 7. Smashing Pumpkins; 8. Deftones; 9. Metallica; Red Hot Chili Peppers

TOP TEN TRACKS: 1. 'Tiberius' by Smashing Pumpkins; 2. 'Walk Me To The Bridge' by Manics; 3. 'Something From Nothing' by Foo Fighters; 4. 'Futurology' by Manics; 5. 'Feast and the Famine' by Foo Fighters; 6. 'Outside' by Foo Fighters; 7. 'Out of the Black' by Royal Blood; 8. 'Universe of Life' by Feeder; 9. 'Monuments' by Smashing Pumpkins; 10. 'Europa Geht Durch Mich' by Manics..... Literally every track bar #8 was from a 2014 album.

• Like 1

Mine was June 11th - today, so I think it takes data from the last month and uses that. I've been listening to a lot of pop and teen pop ( >_> ) stations in the past month, so that's probably why mine skews towards "parties" and "good vibes".

RTJ and Danny Brown are listed under that too. I think it's just what people have listed it as, but I have no idea what it means. Is it music they listen to while doing escape rooms? Who knows?

Also in the past 6 weeks one of my top 8 artists is a "Mexican regional pop" band >_> 

And the Arctic Monkeys are an all-time #1 favorite.. in Brazil. 

Just saw that cool spotify thing Cloudy posted, so I had to look.

My top artist is 16 Horsepower, which isn't shocking because I've been playing them steadily since I found out about them.

Here is an interesting one...my top track is "When can I see you again?" from the Wreck it Ralph Soundtrack. Not surprised again as I play a lot of music for my kids and that is on their playlist.

94% of my tracks are energetic. 42% of my music is punk or punk related with the top five genres being Punk, Alternative Rock, Hardcore Punk, Crossover Thrash, Skate Punk, and Garage Rock. Oh wait, that is six. Curious what music I listen to falls under Alternative Rock, as I don't listen to a lot of the stuff people would consider "Alternative Rock" (ya know, the usual stuff you'd hear in the 90s and say "Hey, alternative!").

It also says I'm high energy and rarely listen to chill tracks, and must be a fitness enthusiast (I wish).

Why does Patent Pending ring such a bell? Looking at their YouTube videos, I don't recognize any of it, but I know for a fact it's a band I discovered YEARS ago on EWB. Thanks, @=BK=, it's going to drive me crazy until I discover why that band name is so familiar.

OK, according to both these Spotify things my most listened song is 'Ain't it fun'. I want to call BS because it feels like it's been two weeks since I last heard it and there's no way I've played it enough before hand to make that up but if they both have it I guess I can't argue it. 

I still feel like I've played "Cherry Flowers and Bedroom songs", "Hey Mario" and "Game of Love" more.

I barely use Spotify at all. If I do, it's to stick something relatively mindless on while I get ready to go out. As such, this is going to be wildly inaccurate.

As such, my top artist is A Tribe Called Quest. My top track is "I Am A Rifle" by Propagandhi.

My most active hour for listening is 6pm.

49% of my tracks are energetic.

25% of my tracks are danceable.

My average beats per minute is 13.

My top genre is Alternative Hip Hop, which appears in 100% of my top tracks.

• Like 1

Mainly because of my dad being overzealous and thinking my record collection should be his record collection (even though his taste is somehow worse than mine), I've got about 10 LPs I want to get rid of. But I'm finding it fucking impossible to sell any of them and they're just taking up space.

Maybe I should be ironic and collect CDs instead. Nobody does that here. :shifty:

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2017 at 10:53, GA! said:

Mainly because of my dad being overzealous and thinking my record collection should be his record collection (even though his taste is somehow worse than mine), I've got about 10 LPs I want to get rid of. But I'm finding it fucking impossible to sell any of them and they're just taking up space.

Maybe I should be ironic and collect CDs instead. Nobody does that here. :shifty:

Post them on discogs.com or try to trade them in at a local record store for CDs. 

22 hours ago, Benji said:

I just realised how similar ELO and Eagles of Death Metal sound and it makes me happy.

Eurgh, related to this, I Googled EoDM to see what they were up to at the minute and found out Jesse made some shitty racist comments and is a big Trump supporter, and Josh Homme probably is as well :(

Piggy-backing off what @Benji said - I wish The Mars Volta would come back. Cedric & Omar have said there's still a lot to be done with the Mars Volta, so I guess they're on a hiatus? It's confusing.

I love At the Drive-In, like a lot, but The Mars Volta was one of those bands I discovered when I was just getting into music when I was like 13 or 14 and have stuck with me ever since. Their last two albums weren't masterpieces or anything, but De-Loused to Frances the Mute might be the best "debut album / sophomore album" combo in my opinion. Amputechture was a bore to me, but I jumped back on the bandwagon when Bedlam in Goliath was released - that's another stellar fuckin' album. It's too bad they're a bit shit live, but thems the breaks I guess.

Might be one of my favorite songs, ever:

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Anyone remember what video game Hear Me Now by Hollywood Undead was on?

I don't remember Hear Me Now being used in a game soundtrack, I know Undead is on a couple, I can't think of any other HU songs being used in games though. So ends my useless contribution. :shifty: 

12 hours ago, Troy said:

I don't remember Hear Me Now being used in a game soundtrack, I know Undead is on a couple, I can't think of any other HU songs being used in games though. So ends my useless contribution. :shifty: 

It's entirely possible that I'm wrong, I just have no idea where I heard it

• 2 weeks later...