Steven Universe Thread

Ruki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So after getting caught up with Adventure time I decided to finally give this a try to see what the fuss is all about. I'm now halfway through season 3 and it's amazing! My favorite Gem so far is Peridot ("YOU CLOD!"). But I have one question regarding Jesper:

Why didn't the crystal gems turn her into a gem when her spaceship crashed? They outnumbered her 3-to-1 and Jesper basically attmited that she could only defeat them if the was fused. Why didn't they rush her and turn her into a gem? Why give her the opportunity to grab Lapis Lazuli and talk her into fusing with her? Lapis whole ordeal seems so unnecessary because it could've been avoided. Or is that just something they do to corrupted gems? 

Edited by Hellraiser

Even though Jasper was outnumbered, she is still a very powerful gem who likely could have taken on the Crystal Gems. And yeah, the poofing/bubbling is usually reserved for corrupted gems. 

And I agree...Peri is one of the best characters. And she just gets better. 

• Like 1

Is she that strong though? Garnet beat her in a 1-on-1 fight and the gem that ended up poofing her wasn't even a Crystal gem. It was Peridot. I think it would've been easy to subdue her with a 3-on-1 advantage. It just seems irresponsible to not poof and bubble her even if she isn't corrupted. She is a danger to humans and other gems. It's obvious that they can't turn her like they did with Peridot. And Rose did poof/bubble Bismuth. It just seems to me that the risk of letting Jasper run free far outweighs the ethical issue of poofing/bubbling a non-corrupted gem. And Lapis ordeal of being fused with Jasper trapped in the sea could've been avoided.

Edit: And what is the deal with Onion? I'm probably supposed to find his antics funny but he really creeps me out.

Edited by Hellraiser

• 1 month later...

Looks like there are only 5 more episodes left of this season. One on May 8th (this one has already leaked, it's pretty cute), 9th, 10th, and two on the 11th. The two on the 11th have interesting titles...

"Are you my dad" and "I am my mom"

Then season 5 starts May 31st. 

• 2 weeks later...

The past two episodes have ended with some interesting silhouettes...wondering who/what they are! I'm guessing that the one is...

Another type of Lapis.

And I'm guessing they are kidnapping Steven's friends

On 3/7/2017 at 23:02, Hellraiser said:

Is she that strong though? Garnet beat her in a 1-on-1 fight and the gem that ended up poofing her wasn't even a Crystal gem. It was Peridot. I think it would've been easy to subdue her with a 3-on-1 advantage. It just seems irresponsible to not poof and bubble her even if she isn't corrupted. She is a danger to humans and other gems. It's obvious that they can't turn her like they did with Peridot. And Rose did poof/bubble Bismuth. It just seems to me that the risk of letting Jasper run free far outweighs the ethical issue of poofing/bubbling a non-corrupted gem. And Lapis ordeal of being fused with Jasper trapped in the sea could've been avoided.

Edit: And what is the deal with Onion? I'm probably supposed to find his antics funny but he really creeps me out.

Except that Garnet didn't really beat her in a one-on-one fight. Yeah, Garnet was outmaneuvering her but nothing she was doing was really doing damage to Jasper. Even suckering Jasper into flying into the engine and crashing the ship into the Earth FROM ORBIT didn't do a whole lot more than piss her off. Hell, in future appearances when Pearl and Garnet go out to look for Jasper, I'm pretty sure they planned on fusing into Sardonyx to beat her. 

However, with subsequent appearances, much like Peridot and Lapis, she suffered from some rather painful Badass Decay. Although at least unlike the other two, she at least got some character development in the bargain. 

5 hours ago, KingCrippler said:

However, with subsequent appearances, much like Peridot and Lapis, she suffered from some rather painful Badass Decay. Although at least unlike the other two, she at least got some character development in the bargain. 

It doesn't really bother me that Peridot is mostly used as comic relief now. She still is my favorite Gem. But I'm disappointed in how underutilized Lapis ist. The writes seem to have mostly forgotten about her.

Again I feel that this entire situation could've been avoided if Steve would've just fused with Connie or if Amethyst, Garnet and Pearl fused right away when the 2 Topazes took Steven away. Why the hell did they just stand there and watch? And why didn't they call Lapis to help them?

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ungh, such good episodes.

Spoiler

Did we already know Yellow Diamond had betrayed Pink Diamond? Does that make her a good guy or a bad guy? Like, did she frame Rose, or did Yellow help Rose because Pink was doing something awful? What were her motivations? Did Rose really kill Pink Diamond? Eurgh this show is so good. Really glad I got into it.

18 hours ago, Benji said:

Ungh, such good episodes.

Reveal hidden contents

You're not talking about more episodes beyond the first 4 of season 5 that I don't know about, are you? Because...

Spoiler

I didn't see anything in The Trial/etc. that explicitly implicated Yellow Diamond as having betrayed Pink Diamond. She was acting shady as fuck, and is obviously hiding something, but given how obviously that angle was being flagged I bet there's a twist.